E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Confused on PROcede vs. XEDE

Closed Thread

04-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
gr28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2002 Audi A4

Confused on PROcede vs. XEDE

A few months ago I was following all the updates from Shiv@Vishnu on what I remember being called the XEDE, but I had put my plans to get a 335 on hold for a while and stopped reading, and just again started looking for info, and now it seems that Vishnu's product is called the PROcede and another company (AA) sells the XEDE. What happened? Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been searching threads and although I've found lots of discussions, I haven't found anything about the name change. Is the XEDE that AA sells the same as the XEDE that Vishnu worked on?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

noway the PROcede is wayway way way better and has different maps comming out all the time shiv has taken things to the next level...the xede is old news
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
yeah. that basically sums it up in my opinion. I'm sure others may object to that. but unlike them we are intimately familiar with both products.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr28 View Post
A few months ago I was following all the updates from Shiv@Vishnu on what I remember being called the XEDE, but I had put my plans to get a 335 on hold for a while and stopped reading, and just again started looking for info, and now it seems that Vishnu's product is called the PROcede and another company (AA) sells the XEDE. What happened? Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been searching threads and although I've found lots of discussions, I haven't found anything about the name change. Is the XEDE that AA sells the same as the XEDE that Vishnu worked on?
Yes, you can search and read all about it. The short story is Shiv used to resell the XEde but now he resells something else relabeled the PROCede.

Most people just switched over to his PROCede but several long time vendors recently redesigned the XEde/335 implementation. Based on feedback from people who are running the XEde now and various dyno charts the XEde is a cheaper alternative that works just as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

And If you're really hard up for cash u can get a turbo tuner. Tell em about that janky POS u put in ur car terry.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #6
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

Terry, you know you'll probably going to end up upgrading to the procede later so you might as well just get a Procede and keep it on the side when the V2.0 comes out.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Wow no love for someone willing to try different parts on his car and report the results.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

OK, props to you for doing this. You really can't go wrong going with AA. But it's like buying a E46 330i vs an E90 330i. One is newer technology with more features but performance is pretty similar (until V2.0 comes out)
Wonder how difficult the installation is in comparison to the procede?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
Wonder how difficult the installation is in comparison to the procede?
I talked to my sales contact at AA Tuning and he said it's almost identical.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
Wow no love for someone willing to try different parts on his car and report the results.
I don't think that you accurately assessed the comment to which you have responded. Look at your previous post. You use the term "resell" as an insult, in my opinion. This is consistent with your prior behavior on this board.

Most of us (myself included) are delighted with the variety of new products appearing on this board. However, it seems that you find it necessary to insult one of the vendors here rather than simply educating us or commenting in a neutral or positive fashion.

I don't have the TT, but I certainly see its' place here, and I have no problem with it. I would even buy it. You do not have the PROcede, but your negative comments toward Shiv and his product(s) seem unnecessary, and counterproductive.

Terry, you seem like an educated and informed individual, and I have respect for your opinions, and your posts, except when it involves Shiv and his products. It seems to me that it is unnecessary to overtly or covertly attack these products repeatedly. You position is well known to the e90post community. Your concerns about his products are appropriate and well thought out. However, you consistently present them in an unprofessional and derogatory fashion.

I think that you should reflect on your motivation for this, and remove the bias that many of us perceive. We value your input, but find it hard to separate constructive criticism from personal bias.

Thank-you for your positive additions to this website.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #11
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
I don't think that you accurately assessed the comment to which you have responded. Look at your previous post. You use the term "resell" as an insult, in my opinion. This is consistent with your prior behavior on this board.

Most of us (myself included) are delighted with the variety of new products appearing on this board. However, it seems that you find it necessary to insult one of the vendors here rather than simply educating us or commenting in a neutral or positive fashion.

I don't have the TT, but I certainly see its' place here, and I have no problem with it. I would even buy it. You do not have the PROcede, but your negative comments toward Shiv and his product(s) seem unnecessary, and counterproductive.

Terry, you seem like an educated and informed individual, and I have respect for your opinions, and your posts, except when it involves Shiv and his products. It seems to me that it is unnecessary to overtly or covertly attack these products repeatedly. You position is well known to the e90post community. Your concerns about his products are appropriate and well thought out. However, you consistently present them in an unprofessional and derogatory fashion.

I think that you should reflect on your motivation for this, and remove the bias that many of us perceive. We value your input, but find it hard to separate constructive criticism from personal bias.

Thank-you for your positive additions to this website.
I appreciate the feedback and I think you bring up some good points. I do have a tendency to bias my comments in a derogatory fashion and find myself entertained by baiting procede owners in to debate. I’ll acknowledge this behavior is a little self indulgent and tone it down.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
+1!!!!! Personally and no offense terry, I'm sick as hell of your shit, like this below and the rest noted here....

Exhibit A:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=57312&page=2

Exhibit B:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57460
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKo View Post
+1!!!!! Personally and no offense terry, I'm sick as hell of your shit, like this and the rest noted here....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=57312&page=2

Fair enough but that video has to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback and I think you bring up some good points. I do have a tendency to bias my comments in a derogatory fashion and find myself entertained by baiting procede owners in to debate. I’ll acknowledge this behavior is a little self indulgent and tone it down.
Thank-you for acknowledging that. You are one of core individuals here who educate the rest of us. I am here mainly to learn from folks like you.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #15
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
I talked to my sales contact at AA Tuning and he said it's almost identical.
Gee...big SHOCKER! It is Shiv's old XEDE afterall.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #16
rflow
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Gee...big SHOCKER! It is Shiv's old XEDE afterall.
The only difference is that it only took Active about two days to implement the map switch and fix the hardware problem Shiv was having. Go figure
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #17
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr28 View Post

XEDE =
PROcede =
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #18
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post
The only difference is that it only took Active about two days to implement the map switch and fix the hardware problem Shiv was having. Go figure
rflow -

Well, is it solenoid-less like the PROcede; i.e. does it use or bypass the existing oem stock solenoids or does the AA XEDE require an extra solenoid? Also, does the "extra" power come on suddenly, kind of like an "on/off" switch or does your car feel like stock, only much faster (with a lot more HP and TQ)? In addition, the PROcede is definitely more stealthy than Shiv's old XEDE; how stealthy is the AA XEDE?

Personally, I enjoyed having Shiv's XEDE for 4 months (although the power did come on "fast and furious" at a certain point ), but as soon as I switched over to the PROcede, I understand why the PROcede is better than (Shiv's XEDE). The PROcede adds the extra 55+HP and 90+TQ in a much more refined and smoother fashion...it drives more like a stock 335i, only much faster with A LOT more HP and TQ! Does the AA XEDE do this or does it behave like Shiv's old XEDE (like I was describing)? I'm just trying to gauge the differences between the 2 versions of the XEDE and the PROCede.

FWIW -- With Shiv's XEDE, my car gained 57WHP and 92 lb.-ft RWTQ. Since installing the PROcede, I haven't dyno'd it again, but based upon my timed runs (using my Beltronics Vector FX1 timer; not on the track) with the XEDE and now with the PROcede, I'm guessing I have at least (if not more than) 322WHP and 378 lb.-ft. RWTQ (which is what my car dyno'd at with Shiv's XEDE) with the PROcede (and stock exhaust).

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 04-20-2007 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #19
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
rflow -

Well, is it solenoid-less like the PROcede; i.e. does it use or bypass the existing oem stock solenoids or does the AA XEDE require an extra solenoid? Also, does the "extra" power come on suddenly, kind of like an "on/off" switch or does your car feel like stock, only much faster (with a lot more HP and TQ)? In addition, the PROcede is definitely more stealthy than Shiv's old XEDE; how stealthy is the AA XEDE?

Personally, I enjoyed having Shiv's XEDE for 4 months (although the power did come on "fast and furious" at a certain point ), but as soon as I switched over to the PROcede, I understand why the PROcede is better than (Shiv's XEDE). The PROcede adds the extra 55+HP and 90+TQ in a much more refined and smoother fashion...it drives more like a stock 335i, only much faster with A LOT more HP and TQ! Does the AA XEDE do this or does it behave like Shiv's old XEDE (like I was describing)? I'm just trying to gauge the differences between the 2 versions of the XEDE and the PROCede.

FWIW -- With Shiv's XEDE, my car gained 57WHP and 92 lb.-ft RWTQ. Since installing the PROcede, I haven't dyno'd it again, but based upon my timed runs (using my Beltronics Vector FX1 timer; not on the track) with the XEDE and now with the PROcede, I'm guessing I have at least (if not more than) 322WHP and 378 lb.-ft. RWTQ (which is what my car dyno'd at with Shiv's XEDE) with the PROcede (and stock exhaust).
The AA Xede doesn't use an extra solenoid so it's silky smooth like the procede.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #20
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The AA Xede doesn't use an extra solenoid so it's silky smooth like the procede.
Eh...I'm not sure that it was the extra solenoid that made it behave that way. Not to be rude, but I'd like to hear back from rflow who's actually had the AA XEDE on his 335i for a month.

btw - did you order your PRocede yet? I heard Shiv's only got a 2-week order-to-shipping time frame, so that might be perfect timing for you...by mid May, you'll be ready to switch out your AA XEDE for the PROCede. Plus, Shiv's got the very easy DIY XEDE-PROcede conversion harness all ready for you...I did mine, and it was a simple plug-and-play.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #21
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

No sense bashing either product. Which is better, more reliable, etc. will all work itself out over time. Wait 2-3 years from now and look at the playing field then since it seems there are others who are going to jump in and compete for owners $$$.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #22
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge View Post
No sense bashing either product. Which is better, more reliable, etc. will all work itself out over time. Wait 2-3 years from now and look at the playing field then.
I'm definitely not bashing the other product. I was and still am a fan of the XEDE, but being in Shiv's camp from the beginning (as a beta tester), his commitment, honesty and customer service among other things have earned my trust; plus, I got the "free" XEDE-PROcede conversion, which certainly was nice. However, I am curious as to how AA improved upon Shiv's 1st iteration of the XEDE and how it behaves in comparison with Shiv's old XEDE and the PROcede.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread