E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Road trip to Banff/Lake Louise, road reccomendations?

08-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
korie83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i X-Drive

Road trip to Banff/Lake Louise, road reccomendations?

Hey Guys,

The wife and I are going to Banff area in a couple weeks and I got basically a day set aside for some driving fun. I have never taken the car on any road trip yet as its usually the ram3500 diesel and trailer that we take, but I told the wife not this time! I got a hotel room booked and we are taking just the car and a bit of luggage, so I get to have some FUN!

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions of some nice paved roads to do some safe spirited driving around the area? Or any suggestions of anything other than the usual to check out in the area? I've been to banff and lake louise countless times, but maybe there are some hidden gems someone might know of?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Kowboi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, 528ix, 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by korie83 View Post
Hey Guys,

The wife and I are going to Banff area in a couple weeks and I got basically a day set aside for some driving fun. I have never taken the car on any road trip yet as its usually the ram3500 diesel and trailer that we take, but I told the wife not this time! I got a hotel room booked and we are taking just the car and a bit of luggage, so I get to have some FUN!

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions of some nice paved roads to do some safe spirited driving around the area? Or any suggestions of anything other than the usual to check out in the area? I've been to banff and lake louise countless times, but maybe there are some hidden gems someone might know of?
Highway 1A just outside of banff town is fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
hubble bubble
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

highway 1A is very fun. But speed limit is low and lots of sightseeing vehicle and bicycle traffic between Banff and Louise. Hwy 1A east of Canmore is also really fun. Runs through the stoney reservation, barely two Ram3500s wide, lots of turns, no shoulder. Watch for livestock and pedestrians.

A few nice roads in the Kanaskis area too.
Appreciate 0