E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > CP-e additional OIL COOLER

08-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
TheKid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

CP-e additional OIL COOLER

Has anyone installed it without the CP-e FMIC... im trying to figure out how to install it and get a good location to put it because there's not a lot of space left with the AMS intercooler and upgraded rad to put it near there???
      08-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

from what Ive heard from I335 the oil cooler did little to nothing for his oil temps. If I were to install it I would do it behind the kidney grills.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
drm916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
Has anyone installed it without the CP-e FMIC... im trying to figure out how to install it and get a good location to put it because there's not a lot of space left with the AMS intercooler and upgraded rad to put it near there???
Where did you end up mounting this?

I have the OC also.. and am ready to chose a FMIC. Not sure if want to go with CPE for ease of installation or AMS for lower prices FMIC.

I figured if i went AMS that it would mount in same place as CPE. I would make some brackets and just JB weld them to top of AMS intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Helix View Post
from what Ive heard from I335 the oil cooler did little to nothing for his oil temps. If I were to install it I would do it behind the kidney grills.
I'd say more on the little side. Mine keeps temps slightly more stable when playing. But make no mistake, it's not some super huge massive improvement...if you beat on it, the temps will rise, they just might take a little longer to do so, they might not go up as high as they otherwise would, and they come down slightly more quickly.
      10-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
drm916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefactoM6 View Post
I'd say more on the little side. Mine keeps temps slightly more stable when playing. But make no mistake, it's not some super huge massive improvement...if you beat on it, the temps will rise, they just might take a little longer to do so, they might not go up as high as they otherwise would, and they come down slightly more quickly.
That's what I was expecting. Just less rise when playing hard. I just need to figure out if he was able to mount it finally with AMS. I am leaning towards AMS intercooler since its 150 less expensive and probably yields similar gains as cpe.
Appreciate 0