timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

/shrug

http://www.houseplanet.dj/index.php/...g-his-set.html

Steve Angello's comments was just posted on his twitter:

I love the fact that ppl don't think I am mixing cause I'm not wearing headphones all the time .. I play 160 gigs a year , and have dj'd for 15 years . Just cause someone is doing something different doesn't mean that its fake .. I think all of u who think so should stop being such haters and come see for yourself .. I play the same records everyday I don't need to listen to what I do .. Its my party trick and respect that instead of hating on it . If u doubt it come in the both or try do it yourself before u judge !! Ok .. Nuff said .. SA

For all you ppl out there who wanna know how its done .. Lemme tell u .., dj for 5 hours a day for 10 years. When you have done that .. Start touring , playing 4-6 gigs a week for another 5 years... After that try play on the CDj's. U see the BPM on the right side of the display , u have a pitch and easy way to count the BPM is by looking on the cd u gonna mix in , if 1 bpm is the dif just adjust the pitch to +0.8 or -0.8 depending on if its slower or faster .. After that 0.8 either way is one BPM. So 1.6 is 2 , 2.4 is 3 , 3.20 is 4 and 4 is 5. Ok .. Learn the trax u play and enjoy.

OMG I can't believe I care about haters.. But u know what when you work your ass off and ppl accuse you for being fake. U get upset ..
      08-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Not to be rude, but why does he blow smoke alllllllll over his sh*t.. And I don't understand the point of this, he isn't wearing headphones?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

its clearly a pre recorded set. He does ZERO mixing here. No headphones... fine, you still need to press play and what not. Watch the set, hes not even doing anything. Its fake.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

He looks so bored.
      08-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Ohhhhhhhhhh so you think he's lip syncing his set.. hmmm, maybe. I think you're right.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

In other news... Erick Morillo played an amazing set at Surf Club on Sunday. Dude never fails to disappoint.

Everyone knows Axwell is the work horse...
      08-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
In other news... Erick Morillo played an amazing set at Surf Club on Sunday. Dude never fails to disappoint.

Everyone knows Axwell is the work horse...
im in the process of makin a mix i think you'll like btw. Ill send it to ya would like your feedback my friend.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
im in the process of makin a mix i think you'll like btw. Ill send it to ya would like your feedback my friend.
Would love to hear it. I just sent a friend's younger brother a list of bootlegs and new mixes from the last 2 weeks. I made a deal. I will give him music and he can mix the tracks. I don't want any credit. I just want to see him do well. I will send you the same list if you want it. I am always looking up new music non-stop every day, so it isn't work for me.
      08-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Would love to hear it. I just sent a friend's younger brother a list of bootlegs and new mixes from the last 2 weeks. I made a deal. I will give him music and he can mix the tracks. I don't want any credit. I just want to see him do well. I will send you the same list if you want it. I am always looking up new music non-stop every day, so it isn't work for me.
Word what kind of music are you looking for? Any genre in specific or anything electronic? Im 100% sure i can fill you up with enough tech house to fill your needs. As for new music over the past few weeks, havent gotten anything buying another CDJ-900 tomorrow so need some leftover cash for bills and whatnot. New music will be soon though my beatport cart is bulging.

Just finished the mix though, totally fucked up a couple times a little sad about it, but for the most part i think its pretty good. Ill link it to ya once its done uploading.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #11
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

any easy way to keep up with new releases, i.e. a blog of some sort with 10-20 posts a day with new tracks?

I just end up listening to radio 1 essential mixes weekly and doing little else to expand my collection. Not a bad way to hear new music, but obviously pretty limited.

I get all my hip hop from 2dopeboyz.com, 20-30 post/day blog which keeps track of everything in the industry. Looking for something similar.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
any easy way to keep up with new releases, i.e. a blog of some sort with 10-20 posts a day with new tracks?

I just end up listening to radio 1 essential mixes weekly and doing little else to expand my collection. Not a bad way to hear new music, but obviously pretty limited.

I get all my hip hop from 2dopeboyz.com, 20-30 post/day blog which keeps track of everything in the industry. Looking for something similar.
http://www.partysandnightlife.blogspot.com/

any DJ pool website, or beatport.com. Save labels and artists you like, and check once a week and check out all the releases. Thats about all i can think of off the top of my head.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #13
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

I'm a DJ, and from the looks of it, you could tell that he is actually DJ-ing half the time. Although, it's quite obvious that some tracks are premixed. But then again, is playing mashups considered cheating now? Give a guy some rest. Yes, he premixed a couple of songs, but then he spends the rest of the time amping the crowd. DJ is half music, half show.

Go look at other DJ's playing, I absolutely hate when they pretend working the knobs and there's no change to the sound. If you aren't mixing, don't pretend then, work the crowd instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreez88 View Post
I'm a DJ, and from the looks of it, you could tell that he is actually DJ-ing half the time. Although, it's quite obvious that some tracks are premixed. But then again, is playing mashups considered cheating now? Give a guy some rest. Yes, he premixed a couple of songs, but then he spends the rest of the time amping the crowd. DJ is half music, half show.

Go look at other DJ's playing, I absolutely hate when they pretend working the knobs and there's no change to the sound. If you aren't mixing, don't pretend then, work the crowd instead.
what those knobs actually do something???
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #15
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I just saw this and he is actually mixing the songs. New CDJs have SD slots so you don't even need to load CDs in and out. Also the first song he mixes into you can hear it is not beatmatched correctly. The other songs are just mash ups that have a lot of room for error so he pre recorded them.. everyone does.

He's just lazy and got caught. Also doesn't deserve half the fame he has.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
studie
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I just saw this and he is actually mixing the songs. New CDJs have SD slots so you don't even need to load CDs in and out. Also the first song he mixes into you can hear it is not beatmatched correctly. The other songs are just mash ups that have a lot of room for error so he pre recorded them.. everyone does.

+1,

DJBL3ND FTW.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:

His twitter is updated again:

"I just reviewed the clip everyone is talking about . so let me explain , when i do some festivals i have a team there that does all my pyro , fx and co2´s , + most of them have a synced "fireworks show" that is synced to the music so nothing goes wrong for the fireworks show since timing everything is extremely hard for them , so i have a medley mix i close with so they can have everything synced , most big festivals have that and its nothing new , as soon as your closing under a big finale you have that going on.. does that explain it ? i know some of you will still hate cause of the fact that hating if your game but i have now explained it and take it or leave it . i don't have to prove myself that i´m able to mix i´ve done that my whole life and spend more time mixing then with my daughter so thats it . hope some of you understand , if you don't sorry about that .. S A"

Believable. I semi retract my statement about it.

As to the guy who is a DJ:

I am too, they are paying him to use those 4 CDJ's and play a set. If they wanted a juke box, or pandora radio playing they would have done that. I'm by no means saying SA cant mix, im 100% sure he can and can do it better then 99% of DJs out there. However, he is beyond full of himself, and it drives me nuts. With that in mind, he is flying 3 of the 'haters' out to Ibiza to do a DJ battle against him. Its going to be fucking hysterical when he destroys them.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Quote:

+1, new CDJ-2000 use quantize that does perfect loops, cue points saved on sd cards, etc. DJ-ing nowadays is a fairly easy thing to do. Most mixers will auto-sync the BPM as well.

And I agree about fame thing. I actually feel that Axwell is the only worthy one out of the group. Saw all 3 live, separate and together. Axwell was working like a horse the entire time, at times working 4 decks.

So far out of all the DJ's I've seen, the best performers are Axwell and LBL.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1, new CDJ-2000 use quantize that does perfect loops, cue points saved on sd cards, etc. DJ-ing nowadays is a fairly easy thing to do. Most mixers will auto-sync the BPM as well.

And I agree about fame thing. I actually feel that Axwell is the only worthy one out of the group. Saw all 3 live, separate and together. Axwell was working like a horse the entire time, at times working 4 decks.

The club I play at has CDJ-2000's and i own CDJ-900's Both have 'quantize' capabilities. However, take a look at his transition from "Sweet Disposition" into "One More Time". He didn't even press play on a new CD. And no nothing he has there will 'auto-sync' the bpm for him. He needs to pitch blend and do his shit. Clearly does none of this. Whats the point of having 4 CDJ's if you dont even use 2?

EDIT: Also quantize doesnt really do anything special. just makes it pretty damn hard to fuck up your loops. it doesnt beatmatch for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #20
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:

same here. Saw axwell at vegas a month back and he was working the entire time. Check this video out. Same exact set as steve angello in the OP. Maybe Axwells just a better actor

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Weak sauce. He was lazy and got caught (even tho 2 cameras on him throughout). Happens more than u care to believe
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #22
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

artists have been lip-syncing since the beginning of time. this isn't shocking...even though they use computers, not vocal talent.
Appreciate 0