E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Electrical System Nightmare!! HELP

07-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

E90 Electrical System Nightmare!! HELP

Ok so to start off, I had my entire car repainted due to hail damage abt 2 weeks ago. It was in their shop for about 3 weeks. When i got it back the amplifier for the Logic 7 system wasnt working and i had no audio at all in the car. I removed the cover where the amp was and its sitting in what i thought was water, but later was told it was antifreeze! I took it back to the shop and told them about it and that it was working before they had it and not anymore. The said that the amount of corrosion on he amp was too much for it to have happened there. I havent ever carried antifreeze in my car before and i have no clue where it would have came from. Anyways, Last night the car would not start at all and had to be jumped. This morning the car barely started and it took awhile, very weak start. Now when i turn it on the active steering loss, ABS braking malfunction, and the No TPMS light comes on. I turned it off and back on and the active steering worked again but the ABS braking light and a few new warnings popped up. It seems like everytime i start it theres a different light on. I can feel the difference in the steering but it comes back on if i turn it off and back on. Very confused abt this whole situation. Does anyone know whether its just a coding issue or the electric system is just fried? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a feeling this is NOT going to be a cheap fix. Im out of warranty so I would like to avoid the dealer at all costs. I still have no amp as im trying to work this out with the shop, so for now the logic 7 amp has been removed from the car, and Im going to try and charge the battery for 45 min or so and see if that helps with the weak start issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jonathan
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Hey, if your car was running fine when you dropped it off then the shop fucked it up. Don't take their BS about the amount of corrosion on the amp. It doesn't mean anything. I had an AK rust in the trunk of my car over night during a rain storm.

Doesn't the shop have insurance??
      07-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Yeah it's clearly the shop's fault. Slam them for it. It probably ruined part (if not almost all) of your electrical system. Foot them the bill.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

Thats what im going to try and do...A new light just came on as well..Transmission malfunction?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

What's the end result??