E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just saying...

07-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
SpainBimmerology
Banned
Spain
Rep
Drives: w/ a suspended license

Just saying...

Hello to everyone,

My account says I've been a member since 3/2009, but honest to God I just started using the forum about 1 month ago, so I consider myself pretty new on the E90POST.

I'm writing this thread to kind of express my ideas about SOME, and only SOME members in this forum being a bit too uneducated and aggressive to other members that are either new or have been on the post a shorter period of time...

TAKE IT EASY!

I've been reading threads of DYI and just general questions, and some of these responses are pretty rough, to say the least. Comments that are almost all the time in a tone of sarcasm and over confidence, about the smallest things..

I work at a BMW Dealer, and a lot of the techs I work with (Master Techs, Level 1 & 2 Techs) say that the forum can sometimes be too much to handle because of ''Dbags that are on it, that think they know absolutely everything'', sometimes, and it sucks to say, that's true..

Seriously, some people need to CALM THE F*** DOWN! Not all of us know as much as you do (or sometimes pretend to know) so just relax, its just a forum, a place where people can go on to find out stuff, buy/sell parts, or just see others' BIMMERS!

I've been called garbage, a thief, scum, fake, liar, and bunch of other $#!7 for no reason, and with no evidence of how I actually am..

But anyway, there is a lot of members that are pretty cool and calm and do help, so thanks to all of you!!

JAKE.

Last edited by SpainBimmerology; 07-20-2011 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Beyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2010 VW GTI  [0.00]
      07-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

There are always bad apples in every basket. Seems like those bad apples post more than the good ones.

I guess we all need to have thick skin in this forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

I couldn't agree more. Even if I tried. Are you a tech? What dealership?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Jayp0d
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: *

Internet Forums: Breeding tough guys since '94.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
It wasn't like this when E90POST first started. Literally, 99% of the members were all mature. Not all of them were educated with cars, but we were all pretty much helping each other to find out the information one needs. We would still joke around including sarcasm, but at the end, we would all laugh about it and get the job done. Once in a while we might argue, have debates, sometimes getting rough and aggressive but once a fact is proven correct, we all nodded. At the time, even moderators and forum owners were pretty much with us the whole time, helping us out with problems in/out of the forum. Most OGs have either moved on, or mostly stay quiet lurking around. I still see many of them posting, and its quite happy to see them post. You can tell its them by the tone of their posts.

Now, obviously with hundreds and thousands of new members, this place is became a bit more "random", but still pretty good forum compared to other forums with dick load of dumbasses. I don't know if its because all these kids started buying used BMWs and joined the forum or not but there are a lot more immature morons in this forum. At the time when E90POST was a place for relax, fun car (sometimes not ) discussion, most of the owners paid 40k+ for their vehicles. Not 20k. That's what I realized the difference between crowds with 20k cars and 40k cars. Not to discriminate, but in forum atmosphere, it makes difference. It used to, should I say.

Now, well. What you see and what you felt is the reality. Time to adapt. There are still very smart, educated members in this forum. Just look for those ones to pop up.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
^ I bought my car for $20K =( I'm not mean. =)
      07-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Beyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2010 VW GTI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMoreWomen View Post
Here Here
      07-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Sorry Jake. That's very unfortunate. Actually, ridiculous.

I've personally met, shook hands and spoke with Jake. He's a good stand-up guy.

That's the internet for you buddy. Don't let it get it you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Nugget64
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i Sport Pkg

A BIG FAT PLUS ONE ON THIS...

This is an amazing forum with lots of great advice and has really helped me out a lot.. But OP is 100% right in that I thought this was more of a community of like-minded people there to help one another.. because we all share the same passion for our BMWS.

Come on fellers... stop being d-bags.. I will help anyone I can if I know something for 100%.. or share my own experience.. I always find the time to smile at another BMW as I pass by or share a stoplight with.. People these days are just way too crude..

A BMW is unlike any other car.. mercs dont have our bond.. audis dont have our bond.. our straight 6's bring us together.. K&N or AFE... Vorsteiner or Remus..

Daym
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 03:12 AM   #11
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
It wasn't like this when E90POST first started. Literally, 99% of the members were all mature. Not all of them were educated with cars, but we were all pretty much helping each other to find out the information one needs. We would still joke around including sarcasm, but at the end, we would all laugh about it and get the job done. Once in a while we might argue, have debates, sometimes getting rough and aggressive but once a fact is proven correct, we all nodded. At the time, even moderators and forum owners were pretty much with us the whole time, helping us out with problems in/out of the forum. Most OGs have either moved on, or mostly stay quiet lurking around. I still see many of them posting, and its quite happy to see them post. You can tell its them by the tone of their posts.

Now, obviously with hundreds and thousands of new members, this place is became a bit more "random", but still pretty good forum compared to other forums with dick load of dumbasses. I don't know if its because all these kids started buying used BMWs and joined the forum or not but there are a lot more immature morons in this forum. At the time when E90POST was a place for relax, fun car (sometimes not ) discussion, most of the owners paid 40k+ for their vehicles. Not 20k. That's what I realized the difference between crowds with 20k cars and 40k cars. Not to discriminate, but in forum atmosphere, it makes difference. It used to, should I say.

Now, well. What you see and what you felt is the reality. Time to adapt. There are still very smart, educated members in this forum. Just look for those ones to pop up.
Im not saying Ive been around the forums that long but I was definately a lurker and I know exactly what your talking about..
I feel like a lot of people actually feel this way and just think its getting old so more and more of the interesting people that Ive heard from have actually become for the most part inactive or quit altogether. Its losing the feel it once had
      07-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #12
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMoreWomen View Post
I sincerely apologize.
I thought I included somewhere in my original post about excluding some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
have actually become for the most part inactive or quit altogether. Its losing the feel it once had
Yep....... it will never be the same. There are some positives to all these new crowds however.
I appreciate some new educated members with sense of humor. Rare though.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #13
Taipei-TT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

+1 I wish the tenor of the forum were more positive too!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #14
SpainBimmerology
Banned
Spain
Rep

Bump for a great guy!
Thanks again man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
Sorry Jake. That's very unfortunate. Actually, ridiculous.

I've personally met, shook hands and spoke with Jake. He's a good stand-up guy.

That's the internet for you buddy. Don't let it get it you.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #15
SpainBimmerology
Banned
Spain
Rep

BMW of Morristown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
I couldn't agree more. Even if I tried. Are you a tech? What dealership?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #16
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainBimmerology View Post
BMW of Morristown!
I went there because I ordered a couple things from BMW.com and it was sent there the girls at the service department are OUT OF THIS WORLD! Seriously, it's like you guys only hire models over there. Mannnnn.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 05:21 AM   #17
SpainBimmerology
Banned
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
I went there because I ordered a couple things from BMW.com and it was sent there the girls at the service department are OUT OF THIS WORLD! Seriously, it's like you guys only hire models over there. Mannnnn.
One of those girls is my baby's momma! lol But thanks man!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #18
twofast2s
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Quote:
One of those girls is my baby's momma! lol But thanks man!!
For the most part, lot of BMW dealerships that I've been to had very attractive receptionist. I think dealerships do it on purpose, and I can't blame them.

anyways, in all seriousness, I have gathered tremendous amount of good information in this forum and was able to diagnose few issues with my car. Most of it were very minor, but there was one time I took it out to the dealership for warranty work and the master tech (?) took a ride in the car with me and I start giving him what I had found on this forum. He goes, "you're one of those forum readers..."

I should've been offended (well i was a bit) but I also realize that there are many people who gives false information not on purpose, but because they were also given false information and other various reasons.

I truly believe that this online communities are very helpful, but one should also obtain helpful info with caveat.

Another thing I noticed is that people who cannot tolerate other people's insufficiency. If one fails to do search (which they should), there are people who just say or or or
which clusters the forum with more unnecessary information and that makes searching for certain things even more difficult.

I agree with some things where certain informations are easy to obtain with simple search. But sometimes, it may be little unique, and may not be exactly what the OP is looking for. Like one time, when I had asked about my headlight issues and I was told to do search, with links and such (and I have read those), but the poster had failed to carefully read my original question.

but it's the internet...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
BMW of Morristown!
Hey!!! BMW of Morristown is ACE. Jake, you work with Jason over there?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #20
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Hi Jake
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #21
SpainBimmerology
Banned
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
Hey!!! BMW of Morristown is ACE. Jake, you work with Jason over there?
Jason service advisor? or Jason Brown, the tech?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #22
SpainBimmerology
Banned
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Hi Jake
Heyy!
Appreciate 0