E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Car Seats in E92

07-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Car Seats in E92

It is about time for a new car and I'd really like to go back to two doors versus four, but I'm wondering about car seats in the coupe. Anyone here running car seats in your coupe? If so, how is that working out?

We don't drive my car a lot (typically take my wife's car) so it doesn't have to be perfect, just usable.

Thanks in advance.
Rich
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

I am on my second E92 and I have had both my daughter and my girlfriends daughter in car seats in the car with no problem. It kinda sucks getting them in and out sometimes but most of the time we would take her car or my truck. I still would not let that be the determining factor in a coupe or sedan because it really is not that big of a deal as some people make it out to be. Plus, I got this car for me and since I am going to be the one driving it then I wanted the car that I wanted. I didnt really care if it was a little inconvenient getting my daughter out once in a while. It was worth it.

But to answer your question, the back seat in the E92 is still very practical and usable (even for car seats). Get the coupe!

It kinda funny actually because if your windows are really tinted like mine are then people wont be able to see your kid in the back seat. A couple of times I have pulled up to a light looking all cool and then when I stop you can hear my daughters voice singing from the back seat, then people look at me all funny lol.
      07-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
16M4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
I am on my second E92 and I have had both my daughter and my girlfriends daughter in car seats in the car with no problem. It kinda sucks getting them in and out sometimes but most of the time we would take her car or my truck. I still would not let that be the determining factor in a coupe or sedan because it really is not that big of a deal as some people make it out to be. Plus, I got this car for me and since I am going to be the one driving it then I wanted the car that I wanted. I didnt really care if it was a little inconvenient getting my daughter out once in a while. It was worth it.

But to answer your question, the back seat in the E92 is still very practical and usable (even for car seats). Get the coupe!

It kinda funny actually because if your windows are really tinted like mine are then people wont be able to see your kid in the back seat. A couple of times I have pulled up to a light looking all cool and then when I stop you can hear my daughters voice singing from the back seat, then people look at me all funny lol.
Your daughter will be one of the coolest kids in high school because of you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post

Thanks Sid - super helpful.

-Rich
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: FORD WINDSTAR MINIVAN

Yeah. Getting them in and out of the 2 door is kind of a pain. So normally when we have to do something as a family we take the ISF.