BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #1
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

College almost over? Entrepreneurial opportunity... for sh*ts and giggles

I'm just about fed up with school... Midterm in 3 hours and my short-term memory is spent!

Just for laughs, or quite possibly an idea for unlimited profit potential, Let's drop the entire school thing and start up a sickass performance tuning and bodyshop!

I have some experience with mechanical work, but to compensate for that, I'll run the finances and take care of the shop's long-term investments...

Now I need:
"1" hotttttt desk chick -- simply for eye candy
"x" electical engineer(s)
"x" Mechanics
"1-3" Customer Service Reps (no tren-dicks-inc, esp carlos, don't apply you rat-bastard piece of shit that ran with a lot of these fine e90folks' monies)
and yea, that should cover the basics.

I think there's profit potential here; provided we have appropriated the proper funds to actually make this work

Who's down??

Sadly, but truthfully, I wish this was a real idea... sigh. All these expectations to finish school, dominate the competition, and be wholly successful is, for the lack of a better word,

Feel free to join me on this though :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

i know what you mean all too well man. I really wish i could do waht you've planned. It'd be great really. For me, I've realized why i have to finish school and the rest of this. It's just that... How can I get myself to do the work necessary?

btw i'll be the service rep
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Spec, we have one mission... and that's to bite our tongue, kick ourselves in the ass, do well, so we can show our efforts to our parents... i mean, they're the ones that got us here right?

unless, they want in on this opportunity as well... which would lead to... start up funds... wooo!!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

bro u got ur numbers all wrong. hope ur not taking a math exam!

"x" hotttttt desk chick -- simply for eye candy, where x > 100
      04-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
SpecC
Rep

^ that's a lot of stuff sittin' round lookin' pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
Spec, we have one mission... and that's to bite our tongue, kick ourselves in the ass, do well, so we can show our efforts to our parents... i mean, they're the ones that got us here right?

unless, they want in on this opportunity as well... which would lead to... start up funds... wooo!!
I don't know about your parents, but all my parents seem to work for is me and my brother going to school. I appreciate them a lot trying to push me towards a path where I will be happy with myself because I have proven to myself that I put in the effort and gotten results out of it. If I grow up to be what I'm thinking of (trying to be modest), I bet I'd try to push my kids and let them hate me so they'd be happy later on too. Sure the parents will nag you and limit you on things. I even have a measuring stick in the form of older cousins . I'm sure you do too.

I joked one day that I would quit college to my mom, and I said I would earn my living playing poker because i'm getting pretty good. So she responded with, "I don't want that money paying for anything." (in chinese of course) It was a good laugh!

p.s. you go to john hopkins! no wonder you have so much pressure. Don't completely understand what you're going through but i got a small bit of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 04:19 AM   #6
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

F' it... let's do hold'em. I started and got pretty good, but the money is the issue. I hate when $$'s on the line. It's weird, i placed 1st and got $300 for the Hopkins Annual holdem tournament ($0 buy in, 130 people)... but then, once i get a few brews in me, ehhh... done deal.

Stick with it man. I'll definitely join you on the bash my kids until they succeed ordeal b/c they will be happier later down the road. As for me, i have to get my crap together

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
^ that's a lot of stuff sittin' round lookin' pretty!

I don't know about your parents, but all my parents seem to work for is me and my brother going to school. I appreciate them a lot trying to push me towards a path where I will be happy with myself because I have proven to myself that I put in the effort and gotten results out of it. If I grow up to be what I'm thinking of (trying to be modest), I bet I'd try to push my kids and let them hate me so they'd be happy later on too. Sure the parents will nag you and limit you on things. I even have a measuring stick in the form of older cousins . I'm sure you do too.

I joked one day that I would quit college to my mom, and I said I would earn my living playing poker because i'm getting pretty good. So she responded with, "I don't want that money paying for anything." (in chinese of course) It was a good laugh!

p.s. you go to john hopkins! no wonder you have so much pressure. Don't completely understand what you're going through but i got a small bit of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #7
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
bro u got ur numbers all wrong. hope ur not taking a math exam!

"x" hotttttt desk chick -- simply for eye candy, where x > 100
...inefficient! Hot = dumb. You definitely don't want to get caught up in a >100 mental block... e.g. if one hotness picks up the phone, gets befuddled, and asks another broad... oh my~ the crash that'll result from that'll probably bring the shop down.

i'll stick with 2 lollipops on opposite corners of the shop!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #8
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

i totally agree with you, i find University/college very "un-useful", all the shit i learn in economics class, i probably don't even use 90% of it (even though i invest on the stock market), sometimes i feel as fed up as you are, but in the end i know i need to finish my degree and get on with my future

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhwik View Post
i totally agree with you, i find University/college very "un-useful", all the shit i learn in economics class, i probably don't even use 90% of it (even though i invest on the stock market), sometimes i feel as fed up as you are, but in the end i know i need to finish my degree and get on with my future
as you know... and based on all of my friends (sister's friends) at bear stearns, jpmorgan, ubs, etc... they all say the same thing... you could've graduated from Harvard, NYU Stearn, UPenn Wharton... a good gpa helps, but as far as your degree's involved, you don't know jack regarding what's going on here. forget what you learned in college, and come with an open mind.

So basically, paying $200,000+ for a piece of paper that says, you just spent nearly a quarter million on this piece of paper. congrats! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

i'll be the CEO.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
as you know... and based on all of my friends (sister's friends) at bear stearns, jpmorgan, ubs, etc... they all say the same thing... you could've graduated from Harvard, NYU Stearn, UPenn Wharton... a good gpa helps, but as far as your degree's involved, you don't know jack regarding what's going on here. forget what you learned in college, and come with an open mind.

So basically, paying $200,000+ for a piece of paper that says, you just spent nearly a quarter million on this piece of paper. congrats! :rocks:
+1, wow, university is so expensive in US, i attend University of British Columbia, 2nd highest ranked university in Canada, and i only pay around $5,000/yr for tuition (excluding textbooks, fees, etc) for my undergrad degree

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

well our man here is going to a top tier private college. thats why :P

rich boy... damn
      04-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
SpecC
Rep

a well deserved genius rich boy!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:

rich boy... damn
oh, no wonder, damn, but i know our federal gov't does subsidize domestic students' tuitions, because i know some international students in the same program as me paying $20,000/yr instead of my $5000/yr, does the US gov't do the same??

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #15
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Midterms? Man what kind of schedule is your school on? I graduate in a couple weeks.

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #16
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

rich boy... damn
Hey alex, i'm pretty sure you have the 330xi.. and i got the 325er. rich boy my ass lol!

as for full tuition? no, got a few merit-based scholarships that help subsidize most of the cost... so it's not so bad.

Nikki,
as for midterms are involved, the classes have different requirements. some have 1 or 2 or 3 midterms and one final. so it sucks.
Appreciate 0