E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > AngeliBright v3 - 1 solution for bad connectors

07-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

AngeliBright v3 - 1 solution for bad connectors

"If this has been discussed already I apologize" - I just wanted to vent.

I have had a enough of these lights. they have the worst connectors on them. I have had a issues with them after about 8 months of use. the connectors come loose inside the plastic clip. they get really hot and just lose their form inside the connector and cause poor contact. I think it is a bad design, but who am I to say different.

here's my issue.

I get the "parking light bulb out' error every once in a while when driving. it took me all but 5 min to find out it was the connector that was causing the issue. if I were to wiggle the connector the light would flash on and off. took the top off and started looking around and noticed the the white plug to the ballast looked burnt so I moved it around and what do you know the lights would flicker. after about a week of trying to source the parts from the vendors, they were no help. so I decided to make my own connectors. should hold better then the crap it had.

problem area:

my work around/solution:

Oh, I forgot to mention, I will "NEVER" buy AngeliBrights again.

Thanks,
Jorge

Last edited by jzepeda; 07-13-2011 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

Nice write up! Never had a problem on mine.

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Maybe I just got a bad set. the is my second time with the problem. the first time I pulled the pin out and bent it back into place (this was on the left side) and added tape to hold it into place. this was about 6 months after I bought them. that worked and was still holding up until I ended up fixing both. my right side started doing the same thing 2 months later, but the pin was burnt and when I would adjust the pin it would only work for about a week or 2. after me trying to source out a new light or even just the connector I had no luck with the vendor of the product. When I called they said they no longer carry or have parts for the v3 since there v4 is coming out. I vented about it here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555843. This is my own personal experience, I hope that I really am the only one with the issue but in case you are having the problem this could be 1 solution.

Thanks,
Jorge

Last edited by jzepeda; 07-13-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Note: Judging from the pics of the v4 it looks like they addressed this issue, but I believe they still need to put the ballast outside the housing. I asked them so once I get confirmation I will update the thread.

Last edited by jzepeda; 07-13-2011 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepeda View Post
Maybe I just got a bad set. the is my second time with the problem. the first time I pulled the pin out and bent it back into place (this was on the left side) and added tape to hold it into place. this was about 6 months after I bought them. that worked and was still holding up until I ended up fixing both. my right side started doing the same thing 2 months later, but the pin was burnt and when I would adjust the pin it would only work for about a week or 2. after me trying to source out a new light or even just the connector I had no luck with the vendor of the product. When I called they said they no longer carry or have parts for the v3 since there v4 is coming out. I vented about it here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555843. This is my own personal experience, I hope that I really am the only one with the issue but in case you are having the problem this could be 1 solution.

Thanks,
Jorge
Jorge,

Please contact me via email so I can look into your situation.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0