2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum F07 Splash Guards ( Installation Instructions )

07-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
BruceFerjulian
Rep
Drives: 535i xDrive GT

F07 Splash Guards ( Installation Instructions )

Just purchased the splash guards (mud flaps) for my 2011 GT (F07). The parts didn't ship with instructions and thought I might have ordered the wrong part numbers. Stopped by my BMW dealer and the parts department was able to verify I had the correct part numbers and printed out the installation instructions. That was nice of them.

If you need to order these online for a DIY project, the part numbers for both front and rear are on page one (1).

I wasn't sure where the screw clips went and the instructions answered my question. The instructions mention painting them so I guess if you want to go the extra mile they could blend in very well.

One odd note in the instructions, on page four (4) I think they are calling for a service tech to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery (12/min). Can't see how power affects mud flaps, maybe it's because they are ultimate driving mud flaps.

PN01292155898.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i Grand Turismo

Just a note... From what I was told, the mud flaps for a 2010 CANNOT Be Painted. There is a possibility they changed the material of composition.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

It's interesting that the date on the instructions is 8/2009. Only a section of the mudflap is apparantly designed to be painted (the section outside of the wheel well). I can see why people may not want to paint them because of the cost. I have a set that was shipped today, and I'll look them over closely when they come in to see if they do in fact have the primer coat on them as indicated in the instructions. the instructions do say that they MUST be painted body color. Might look funky over time if not as if there is primer on it, that would wear off and eventually look mottled. Time will tell.
Appreciate 0