E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Does BMWFS and CO require lease sales tax to be prepaid?

07-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
steve0617
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive

Does BMWFS and CO require lease sales tax to be prepaid?

Looks like I'm getting a new 335i xDrive out of St. Louis. Dealer there is getting info from their third party license/title company they're using (ironically located here in Englewood) that CO requires the entire lease's sales tax to be prepaid at the time of signing rather than simply added to the monthly lease payment.

Is that true? DMV in Highlands Ranch didn't know.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Not sure on BMWFS, but when I leased my Infiniti it didn't require that. And I can't imagine BMWFS makes a difference. Perhaps things have changed since 2004?

-Rich
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
steve0617
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpike View Post
Not sure on BMWFS, but when I leased my Infiniti it didn't require that. And I can't imagine BMWFS makes a difference. Perhaps things have changed since 2004?

-Rich
As best I can tell, because this dealer in St. Louis doesn't have a tax specifically for the state of CO, they want all their sales tax upfront. Don't know why that would matter as it's not the dealer, but that appears to be what's going on.

Did you lease your Infiniti from a CO dealer?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0617 View Post
As best I can tell, because this dealer in St. Louis doesn't have a tax specifically for the state of CO, they want all their sales tax upfront. Don't know why that would matter as it's not the dealer, but that appears to be what's going on.

Did you lease your Infiniti from a CO dealer?

Thanks
I did, from Red Noland. Sales tax shouldn't matter to the dealer, and all financial services (BMW, Infiniti, etc) are nation wide, so I can't imagine there is anything state specific. Have you called BMWFS directly?

Good luck.
Rich
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
steve0617
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpike View Post
I did, from Red Noland. Sales tax shouldn't matter to the dealer, and all financial services (BMW, Infiniti, etc) are nation wide, so I can't imagine there is anything state specific. Have you called BMWFS directly?

Good luck.
Rich
Have you called BMWFS directly?

That's next. Was googling over the weekend and decided to post this first. Going to call today.
Appreciate 0