06-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Angry I'm driving with Snow Tires on my Car

There is too much summer road construction here in Buffalo and I ran over something that put a monster slash in the bottom my right front tire and cause rapid air loss. I called the dealer and they checked and had no tires in stock. They did offer to loan me a car but I decided to put the 18" snows from my E46 M3. My track wheels are in NC at my son's. I have had wheel studs on my last 3 cars since 1997 and had forgotten what a pain those bolts are. Luckily I kept the bolt aligning tool from my M3.

A local tire place offered to order one for me for 450.00. Jim at tire rack is sending one out Mon. for a Wed arrival. At least the wheel wasn't bent. At least the snows are Pirelli (sp?) . I'll have to look for my spacers for the rear so it doesn't look so stupid. Thanks for letting me whine.

Last edited by hollysmac; 06-26-2011 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Kippers
Closeted BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 ///M and 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.87]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [6.80]
Sorry to hear ... I bought the optional wheel and tire insurance (okay it was my wife's idea) because of the high cost of replacement of either.

I lost a week of use due to the transmission oil fiasco a couple weeks ago.

Tomorrow I get to take it in to get a new windshield installed ... I picked up a rock on a trip from PA to RI last week.
2003 325i - OEM - My First **RETIRED**
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippers View Post
Sorry to hear ... I bought the optional wheel and tire insurance (okay it was my wife's idea) because of the high cost of replacement of either.

I lost a week of use due to the transmission oil fiasco a couple weeks ago.

Tomorrow I get to take it in to get a new windshield installed ... I picked up a rock on a trip from PA to RI last week.
I am sorry about your mishap. I should have bought the insurance also, but I wrongly gambled. I'll be ahead if I don't bend a wheel or have another flat. 17s & 18s are a different animal

Of course I am not doing any enthusiastic driving but the Pirelli Snows don't feel too bad- this bodes well for winter.
Appreciate 0