BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Lee123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT Convertible

Anyone able to contact P3Cars?

I hate to post something like this publicly but I have no other ideas on how to contact them. In April I exchanged a couple of emails with Rick at P3Cars. Got very prompt replies and he said that it would be "10-15 business days, maybe less" to get the vent gauge if I ordered at that time. I placed the order the next day. A couple weeks ago, 5 weeks after I ordered, I sent an email asking when I could expect it. No answer. A week later I sent asked again. No answer. Are they still around? Anyone know how to contact them?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
christopherkriens
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Coupé

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [8.62]
Same here. Used to get fast responses, but lately using their contact email I've not gotten a reply.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

He's basically one guy working out of his garage so he doesn't have much spare time for good customer communications.

He is also very slow indeed in getting product out but you will eventually get it and it will be worth the wait.

I waited about twenty weeks for my boost gauge and was getting quite impatient but the gauge far exceeded my expectations! It looks absolutely OEM and gives me far more functions than I know what to do with

There is nothing else on the market like the P3 vent gauge so it is just a matter of being patient and you will be happy once you get it.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

From 3 to 20 weeks that's almost 7 times the expect wait time - if you asked me, that type of customer service (or lack of) is unacceptable. What in the world is going on with all these vendors?! Overpromising and underdelivering is not a good strategy.

Good luck with your wait. I would never buy anything from anyone that operates a business in this manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
He's basically one guy working out of his garage so he doesn't have much spare time for good customer communications.

He is also very slow indeed in getting product out but you will eventually get it and it will be worth the wait.

I waited about twenty weeks for my boost gauge and was getting quite impatient but the gauge far exceeded my expectations! It looks absolutely OEM and gives me far more functions than I know what to do with

There is nothing else on the market like the P3 vent gauge so it is just a matter of being patient and you will be happy once you get it.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
outsider
The Show Goes On
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I am in the same boat. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back. I understand he is a one man show, but the communication isn't flowing very well at all. The thing that bothers me is that he is online, but just doesn't bother to respond to messages.

I have not been hounding him at all, but when you don't meet you expected date and someone sends you a message to inquire, a response would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

I've had problems with flaky vendors too. Contact the better business bureau.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider View Post
I am in the same boat. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back. I understand he is a one man show, but the communication isn't flowing very well at all. The thing that bothers me is that he is online, but just doesn't bother to respond to messages.

I have not been hounding him at all, but when you don't meet you expected date and someone sends you a message to inquire, a response would be nice.
You're definitely right, but imagine how long it will take to get your gauge if he starts answering e-mails
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
outsider
The Show Goes On
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
I've had problems with flaky vendors too. Contact the better business bureau.
Quote:
You're definitely right, but imagine how long it will take to get your gauge if he starts answering e-mails
I hear you, but if he has time to come on the forums he has time to provide some kind of status update for already placed, pending orders IMO.

I don't know him but he hasn't struck me as a scammer, perhaps just someone who has other activities like his job etc which take most of his time and this is just a side business he takes on in his spare time. I think it's an excellent product, but the communication breakdown is hurting his business.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

He's not a scammer. I'm in the UK and I paid up front for a group buy. If he had wanted to scam me and not send the gauge there wouldn't have been much I could do about it.

I will repeat what I said above: the vent gauge really is great and nobody else makes anything like it. It would be nice if his communication was better but it doesn't look like this is going to change anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
outsider
The Show Goes On
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He's not a scammer. I'm in the UK and I paid up front for a group buy. If he had wanted to scam me and not send the gauge there wouldn't have been much I could do about it.

I will repeat what I said above: the vent gauge really is great and nobody else makes anything like it. It would be nice if his communication was better but it doesn't look like this is going to change anytime soon.
Well like I said, I am not accusing him of being one which is why I posted the above.

You receiving your product is no proof of him not being one though, as being in the auto enthusiast business for years has taught me.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I've never had any problems. Actually just a few weeks ago I sent an email regarding, my V2 gauge and a possible problem (not really a problem with the gauge after all), and I got a response within 1 day. I sent a followup and also received a response in about a day or two.

I knew it would take a while to get orders and they are filled in the order they were placed. It took about 1.5 months for my vent gauge to arrive, but I knew going into it that the product was not in stock and still being produced. Like mentioned its a unique gauge, and very small company, so cut him some slack. I agree making a promise and then not sticking to it is not a very good practice, but I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.

Tim
      06-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #12
Lee123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks, guys. I'll just wait it out. I honestly wanted to find out whether they were still in business and sending these out. I appreciate the responses.

PS. I'm not quite sure why this got moved to a feedback area. I didn't intend it as feedback on P3Cars or as a comment on their service, just an attempt to get some information.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #13
outsider
The Show Goes On
United_States
Rep

I'm happy to report mine is on the way!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
Lee123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Mine too! I got a notification from Google shipping this morning that it had been shipped. It's priority mail, so it should be here early next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

That's great! I told you it would be ok.

Let us know what you think of your gauges once fitted.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

amazing boost gauge..I love it!!! Looks OEM and perfect fit and finish...IMO a turbo car should have a boost gauge ....even if it is a BMW ....you listening BMW...
      06-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #17
Lee123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
IMO a turbo car should have a boost gauge ....even if it is a BMW ....you listening BMW...
I sure agree with you on that. My 2008 Speed3 didn't have one so I added one. It was a pain in the ass to run the tubing. This will be much easier. Mazda wised up and put one in the 2010. Does BMW just have a policy against putting them in their cars?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #18
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Glad to see it's on the way. Rick has taken no shortcuts with these gauges, they are simply the best. I'm glad there is someone out there making products like this for our car. So far everyone has thought my v2 gauge is a standard feature of the 135i
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #19
moscowchris
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i + more

Even worse if you want support

I got my gauge and it has flaked out after only a week... gauge works for while and as soon as the car is under load it blanks out.... i.e. the time that you want to see boost the screen is blank...

no reply as yet from P3
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
Lee123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowchris View Post

I got my gauge and it has flaked out after only a week... gauge works for while and as soon as the car is under load it blanks out.... i.e. the time that you want to see boost the screen is blank...

no reply as yet from P3
Let us know how this turns out. I got mine a few weeks ago but haven't installed it yet due to the heat. Over 100 every day and the garage is about 10 degrees hotter than outside. After reading this I guess I'll plug it in and sit it on the passenger seat to try it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #21
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowchris View Post

no reply as yet from P3
It's actually the JB4 flooding the canbus while under load... the gauge shuts off because it thinks the car shut off because the bus is flooded with JB4 data and the gauge can't talk to the ECU. Terry made a change to the JB4 recently that caused this. We had 2 beta testers with JB4's and they worked fine up until the recent jb4 maps(which came out after the gauges shipped). Never had this problem until recently with only JB4, other tunes don't do it as they have constant data rate... JB4 increases its data rate when you are under load.

-Rick

P.S... Sorry to everyone that were not getting prompt responses. In the pursuit of developing the gauges further, I had backed away from the forums and let the other guys at P3 handle customer responses.... needless to say, I should have stayed on top of it(if you want something done right...etc) especially considering my track record and past feedback:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=RiXst3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
This guy is gonna get some major positive feedback. I just thought I'd start up the thread now.

BTW, interested in starting a business? Then take a lesson from this guy.
Well, here's another lesson... Never hire someone to be your face on the internet... do it yourself.

Sorry guys! Feel free to e-mail direct at rick@p3cars.com with questions to get direct to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #22
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

Rick, I'm running a JB4 on my '08 and having problems with the gauge. I have version 2.0. With the JB4 set to map "zero/bypass" it works fine. However, on any of the maps, under load, it shuts off.

I inquired about upgrading through your site last week and have yet to hear back from anyone. What are the options in terms of updating it myself or sending it back and getting a new one (v2.1)? This gauge cost $440 and it's a shame that it doesn't work. I don't mind paying a little more for expedited shipping. Heck, I'll even send you next day return postage if it helps. In the past, shipping times have been an issue. What can we do? Where can I set my expectations in regards to getting this fixed?

Last edited by TUN3D; 06-01-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0