E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Alignment Warranty

10-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Luongo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera T

Alignment Warranty

My 330i only has 1,600 miles on it and I recently noticed the car pulling to the right. If I keep the steering wheel perfectly centered, the car would drift to the right side of the curb. I found myself constantly counter steering the steering wheel about 1~2 degrees to the left to keep the car going straight.
Today, I took the car in for 4 wheel alignment and now the car drives perfectly straight! One thing I found out was that alignment is only covered by the warranty for 2,000 miles only!!! If you just bought a car recently, make sure your alignment is perfect. By the time you notice something, it may be out of the warranty period!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzi
My 330i only has 1,600 miles on it and I recently noticed the car pulling to the right. If I keep the steering wheel perfectly centered, the car would drift to the right side of the curb. I found myself constantly counter steering the steering wheel about 1~2 degrees to the left to keep the car going straight.
Today, I took the car in for 4 wheel alignment and now the car drives perfectly straight! One thing I found out was that alignment is only covered by the warranty for 2,000 miles only!!! If you just bought a car recently, make sure your alignment is perfect. By the time you notice something, it may be out of the warranty period!
This is very useful info, does anyone else have warranty information like this? I know the body has rust protection for 10 years or some rediculously long period, but what about the engine, transmission, etc...
      10-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Good advice. That's pretty normal. The manufacturer can't be responsible for potholes, speed bumps, etc. - things that could knock you out of alignment.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
Robert A
Rep
Drives:

It's in the service and warranty booklet in your glovebox. Just read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerncalguy
This is very useful info, does anyone else have warranty information like this? I know the body has rust protection for 10 years or some rediculously long period, but what about the engine, transmission, etc...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 04:38 AM   #5
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A
It's in the service and warranty booklet in your glovebox. Just read it.
Actually, there are certain things that BMW isn't clear about in your warranty booklet. For example, nothing in the manual says BMW doesn't cover rattles and squeeks past the first year of ownership. I've been fighting with my dealer to fix the steering column in my 745 that moans everytime it retracts/extends. They claims it falls under squeeks and rattles and therefore I'll have to pay for it out of pocket. BMW warranty policy is terrible and they'll do anything to make you pay.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

northerncalguy wrote, "This is very useful info, does anyone else have warranty information like this? I know the body has rust protection for 10 years or some rediculously long period, but what about the engine, transmission, etc..."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The warranty book that was delivered with the vehicle is comprehensive. I recommend that owners read it as some of the warrantied items require action by the owner. For instance, the rust perforation warranty requires that the owner have the car inspected for rust periodically.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #7
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
My alignment was pulling to the right when i first recieved my car, bmw took care of it. HOWEVER, when my bf hit a pothole, this was out of pocket.
      10-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #8
skimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 vert Dinan II

NOoooooooooooo! I am at 2030 miles !! ...im gonna go try to find that pothole and hit it with the other wheel...might fix things... (just kidding)
Appreciate 0