E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW stepping up for turbos

06-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

BMW stepping up for turbos

Well I have to say right now I am impressed with BMW. I have been out of warranty for 5-6 months now (time not mileage) and I just got word that they are going to cover complete replacement of my turbos. Zero cost out of pocket. I had actuators replaced 8 months ago and several software updates, which made the noise go away for about 4 months but then it came back with a vengeance. It took me politely saying to the service folks that I felt it was unacceptable given the age and mileage of my car. Not too mention the recent replacement of parts. My SA is great and he went to bat for me. Took a little over a week of waiting but it was worth it.

Now, I honestly would have preferred to never have had the issue in the first place given I only have 42k miles, but at least they are going to take care of it. SA told me the parts will be the most recent version too, so hopefully these will not develop the rattle issues my previous ones had. One can hope at least. For now though, I am happy with the way they are handling things and am having fun driving the loaner 135 m sport with DCT. Maybe I can enjoy my car once again cause the last year (3 HPFP replacements, wastegate issues, and now turbos) has been a downer.
Appreciate 0