ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Buttonwillow Raceway, July 2-3rd BMW CCA

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...A5E494C6266CC0

Description from Central California chapter's website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW CCA Central California Chapter
The Central California Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America is proud to offer your only chance at a two-day Buttonwillow BMW CCA High Performance Driving School this year! BMW CCA Driving Schools are conducted on a closed circuit and supervised by experienced instructors. Holding a school on a closed venue eliminates all outside influences, resulting in a safer learning environment. The primary emphasis of the High Performance Driving School is a "hands-on" driving experience in your own car with a BMW CCA Driving Instructor sitting beside you.

You will learn how to handle and control your car in this secure environment, which will prepare you for emergencies and allow you to discover your limits and your car’s capabilities. In addition to one-on-one instruction with your instructor, classroom sessions help teach driving theory which you then get to apply on the track. A Driving School is an excellent way to enjoy your car, while building skills and driving proficiency. The school is open to students of all skill levels. Our A group will feature the A+ curriculum. Novices with no track event experience are welcome!

Registration Fee:

$475 by 6/10

$499 6/11 and after
The school is under subscribed right now and I believe you can simply ask for the "early bird" pricing if you sign up before end of this coming week.

This is shot at one of our schools and put together by one of the participants. Guy does a pretty good job with the video and voice over and the walk-through.

Buttonwillow is one of those tracks that will be fun no matter your experience level. It is literally my "home track" (I've driven more laps on Buttonwillow than just about any other track, including California Speedway which is about 30 miles from home). It is great for test and tuning, due to a wide variety of turns and changing pavement conditions. It is a great learning track because of its very technical nature, so it's got a little bit of both for beginners and advanced drivers alike.

Like most BMW CCA events in Pacific Region, there will also be "instructing" tailored to your skill level. Beginners to intermediate drivers get a dedicated instructors in the passenger seat, advanced drivers get ONE check ride, then it's an intensive course of various exercises (two, three abreast through turns, leap frog, data acquisition analysis, braking exercises...just to name a few) plus intensive classroom discussions of theories on the next level of driving you don't typically get in the "safe" school environment. The A program is designed to "narrow" your margin of error by giving you more freedom to experiment, but also give you the skills to expand that margin of error again. HIGHLY recommended for experienced drivers looking to bridge the gap to Competition Licensing School or have plateaued on their learning curve.

And like most BMW CCA events in Pacific Region, lunch will be provided for and dinner will be catered on Saturday night, along with various raffle prizes (grand prize is a set of tires!). Rumor has it there will be a firework show after the Saturday night banquet. (but hopefully no fireworks on track. Please.)

Come spend the 4th of July weekend on the track!

p.s.: If you love Thunderhill, you will LOVE Buttonwillow. There isn't as much elevation change but it presents a different challenge...Besides two small mole hills it's relatively flat so it'll definitely require an upgrade in visual skills. One of the most technical tracks in the Pacific Region. Maybe second to only Sears Point.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

hey hack,
so I missed this event but made it to the speedventures one this past weekend. I was wondering what are respectable times for our cars out here? for my first time on this track and 3 overall track experiences I was happily putting down consistent 2:12's with a lot to be subtracted once I get the balls to not brake on some turns and get on the gas earlier....I know terryltl was putting down 2:04's

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Which configuration and what direction?
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

whoops, 13 and clockwise

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0