E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Possible Water Ingress on my Xenon...Dealer responsible?

06-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
N00dle
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
Possible Water Ingress on my Xenon...Dealer responsible?

Hi guys.

I have recently had my 325i serviced by North Oxford BMW. I had a indicator failure so they change it for me. After the car was returned I noticed there was fogging in the Xenon unit that had the indicator bulb change. I did flag it with the dealer but waited to see if the moisture would evaporate. I t did not after 2 weeks so it's gone back in.

They have called me and said that they couldn't find anything wrong with the headlight unit and that they couldn't see how they could have caused it. The only thing they could do was to charge £840 for a new headlight. They have also said that my extended BMW warranty does not cover water ingress (they said it could be a hair line crack on the front)

Now giving the benefit of doubt to the dealer (North Oxford has been really good before) it could well be my Xenon was cracked before..should I check this out with a BMW Indy for sure? I'm worried the mositure would blow my Xenon eventually anyway...

Last edited by N00dle; 06-10-2011 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 0