E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Flat Tyre Reset?

05-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
SelSol
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 335D SE

Flat Tyre Reset?

Christ, does EVERYTHING on this car have to be a total PITA?

So, driving home, had to go through some (very gravelly) resurfacing works. Flat tyre indicator comes on as I'm driving through. Ah crap, new tyre I thought (or even air seeping through the already cracked alloy).

SO I stop at the garage to slam in some air to help getting home, and all tyre pressures are fine?

Reading the manual, it appears the flat tyre doobris doesn't actually have remote PRV's or anything sensible like that, it apparently detects differences in rolling radius and thats what tells it you have a puncture.

So, best guess, loads of freshly tarmacced gravel had clung to the tyres (there's several tonnes still lodged between the grooves) and this changed the rolling radius, but, ffs, now that the tyres are clean again, the damn warning light wont go out? I've looked in the manual, and it says it needs to be reinitialised by using Idrive, and I can get to the menu with the ignition on, but the flat tyre section is greyed out, and as soon as I start, the warning comes up?

Seriously? WTF!? Am I missing some sort of giant reset button?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
ddogg35
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 318i

Garage List
this might be a stupid question but your not trying to do it when the cars moving are you?, otherwise it greys out the option
      05-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
SelSol
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 335D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddogg35 View Post
this might be a stupid question but your not trying to do it when the cars moving are you?, otherwise it greys out the option
Nope.

If keys in the ignition and I hit start without the brake pedal, I can scroll through all the Idrive options, with the excetion of the flat tyre monitor which is greyed out.

As soon as I start the engine it instnalty goes to the "you've got a puncture ha ha ha ha ha" screen and I cant access anything in the Idrive - period.

Only its lying
Appreciate 0