E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > newbie

05-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
medvec04
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 silver 335i sedan

hi i guys i just recently bought a 07 335i sedan, and just love the car! I was wondering if you guys knew how to tell if my car would be chipped? I know that the car comes with 305hp stock, so i asked my brother to race me in his 07 tl type s cause he has a lil bit of work done to his car like a aem CAI and a TBS. anyways i give him a half of a car lenght head start and i just killed him like he wasnt moving, we started off in second gear and before i was at the top of third i was almost two car lengths ahead??? thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvec04 View Post
hi i guys i just recently bought a 07 335i sedan, and just love the car! I was wondering if you guys knew how to tell if my car would be chipped? I know that the car comes with 305hp stock, so i asked my brother to race me in his 07 tl type s cause he has a lil bit of work done to his car like a aem CAI and a TBS. anyways i give him a half of a car lenght head start and i just killed him like he wasnt moving, we started off in second gear and before i was at the top of third i was almost two car lengths ahead??? thanks
Easiset way to tell is to get a boost gauge or poke around by your TMAP or in your ECU to see if you have a box plugged into somewhere. I suggest the boost gauge route.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
medvec04
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Easiset way to tell is to get a boost gauge or poke around by your TMAP or in your ECU to see if you have a box plugged into somewhere. I suggest the boost gauge route.
thanks, what would be stock psi?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvec04 View Post
thanks, what would be stock psi?
8 psi is stock. You would kill the TL-S even on a stock car.

Check out your TMAP sensor too see if there is something called a JB+ or SSTT on there. If not, open up your ECU and look for a piggyback tune. If you have a flash tune, then you will need a boost guage or some way to datalog.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
medvec04
First Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for the help guys!! when i bought the car used i was looking through the owners manual and found a split second turbo tuner installation guide, but when i went to look for it on the tmap it wasnt there?? so i thought that maybe the previous owner installed that and then maybe decided to go with a re flash on the ecu???? idk but the car just pulls so hard. but now i gotta go look for a thread on how to install a boost gauge. once again thanks
Appreciate 0