E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 Mods..

05-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Exclamation E90 Mods..

So recently picked up my aw 320d M Sport and wanted a quick low down on a few things pls as I've searched but can't find the answers

1 - Where can I get legit/OEM grilles (Don't mind picking them up in the Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire area) or OEM websites??

2 - Alloy wheels..
a. Deep Dish Black with silver polished lips OR
b. BBS LM Reps (silver) OR
c. 313's (if yes, then how do I get the rust off the hubs as this would lookd terrible)

3 - Angel Xenon Lights

4 - I have an aftermarket Pioneer P80BT (double head unit).. just took it out of my jaguar x type sport. Looking to install it in my Beamer.. any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks guys!
      05-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
raf555
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

nice car buddy.

i see u have already the 335 exhaust conversion!

a few must mods would be rear spolier (lip or the chunkier m tech one)

blacklines (rear lights)

lci headlight conversion (will give u angel eyes without faffing about with xenons)

u got any interior pics?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf555 View Post
nice car buddy.

i see u have already the 335 exhaust conversion!

a few must mods would be rear spolier (lip or the chunkier m tech one)

blacklines (rear lights)

lci headlight conversion (will give u angel eyes without faffing about with xenons)

u got any interior pics?
Hey,
Thanks for the comment. Actually no pics of the interior yet.. all the pics so far off my iPhone.. will be getting a better cam for next week so watch this space meanwhile

Pretty new to mod here so bear with me ...

1-How do I get blacklines? DIY or ..?
2-LCI Headlight Conversion - Again, how and where is this done? Where do i buy the parts and, is it a DIY job? (Am pretty good with my hands)
3-Interior pics I'll upload some tomorrow.. but full black leather heated seats..

Car was actually black but previous owner got it resprayed to white back in Dec 2010... done a great job as i cant see a hint of black, and I stripped the car to pass power cables through...

Cheers buddy,
Any pics of your car?
      05-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Hello and welcome.

1. If you want legit/OEM gloss black grilles then go to a dealer. Forum member Anneka on here could probably sort you out with the forum member discount.

2. Alloys are personal but I would say 313s don't look so good on cars with small brakes. In terms of the hubs, most people paint them with the hammerite smooth stuff in silver or black.

3. As Raff555 said. You want a set of LCI halogens to get angel eyes. Xenon conversion is a faff and cost ££££s. LCI halogens will be plug and play and is a DIY job even though it involves taking the whole bumper off. It's actually very easy.

To get the headlights keep checking the classifieds here or ebay and expect to pay around £300ish. Don't go to the dealers for these as they will turn you inside out.

4. Don't know much about ICE but I think you may lose some of the control over the OBC as it's done through the stereo. Don't quote me on this, hopefully someone else will know more.

And for the second set of questions.

1. Same reply as 1 above. Dealer/Anneka for these or keep checking the classifieds here and yes it's a DIY.

Car looks nice. I'd remove the mudflaps though.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #5
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Hello and welcome.

1. If you want legit/OEM gloss black grilles then go to a dealer. Forum member Anneka on here could probably sort you out with the forum member discount.

2. Alloys are personal but I would say 313s don't look so good on cars with small brakes. In terms of the hubs, most people paint them with the hammerite smooth stuff in silver or black.

3. As Raff555 said. You want a set of LCI halogens to get angel eyes. Xenon conversion is a faff and cost ££££s. LCI halogens will be plug and play and is a DIY job even though it involves taking the whole bumper off. It's actually very easy.

To get the headlights keep checking the classifieds here or ebay and expect to pay around £300ish. Don't go to the dealers for these as they will turn you inside out.

4. Don't know much about ICE but I think you may lose some of the control over the OBC as it's done through the stereo. Don't quote me on this, hopefully someone else will know more.

And for the second set of questions.

1. Same reply as 1 above. Dealer/Anneka for these or keep checking the classifieds here and yes it's a DIY.

Car looks nice. I'd remove the mudflaps though.
Dude,
Thanks a tonne for the above info - its very useful! I'll PM Anneka and get a quote for the grilles. I guess traditionally speaking, matt black on white goes better right? U got any pics of your car? What are you driving?

Thanks again!
      05-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Welcome , if you need any suggestions about mods let me know
      05-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

I think either gloss black or matt looks good on white. Either are better than chrome.

No good pics of my e90 that went last month and none of the replacement which is an A3 sportback. I think i'd get banned for posting pics of an Audi anyway

Check Megas car for ideas. Heavily modded yet very tasteful e90. His recent LCI mod is something to aim for.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #8
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Welcome , if you need any suggestions about mods let me know
Thank buddy, good to know I have a modding mentor

I don't actualyl live that far from you.. around 1.5 hours south, near Guildford! You got any pics of you car.. a link perhaps or something? I heard a few good things about 'MEGA's car so would be great to see it bro!

Few things I need for starting out my mods right now would be ..

1. Subs and Aftermarket Pioneer P80 BT Double din h/unit
2. LCI lights and..
3. Front grills

RE: No.1, I've got 2x10" Subs plus double din H/unit that I'm desperately looking to install in the E90..good with my hands so I can install these myself, however, has anybdoy done this and are there major problems doing them yourself?? Any relevant thread/heads up on where the start would be a massive help! Will installing this interfere with anything.. what part of the centre console do I need to take apar first etc..

RE: No.2, I have a friend coming over from the US soon and I can get her to bring across the LCI lights from the US itself... will this wok on UK models? Willt here be any problems during /after installation, any glitches AND will thise have detremental effects during say.. an MOT??

RE: No.3, I've PM'd Anneka yesterday but havent heard back unfortunately

I'm just going for the subtle but sporty look.. eventually looking for BBS LM reps in the next few months.. not sure whether Black deep dish with polished lips would better or the standard LMs. I just can't justify spending that much on OEMs! Maybe if i get the red centre caps on the silver LMs reps, it might give off a good OEM look lmao..

Cheers for the support guys..
      05-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

I'm pretty sure US spec lights won't be suitable as they will be set up for left hand drive plus they have some kind of weird side marker thing where the indicator (or indicatwar in American) is like a side light.

I imagine it would also be a bit of a PITA for your friend to bring them if you've seen the size of the bloody things when not fitted in a car HAUUUUGGGEEE!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

^^^ deffo agreed.. makes sense.