E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > bmw e90 320D run flat indicator red

05-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
satish_141
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Unhappy bmw e90 320D run flat indicator red

hi,

yesterday I got the brake fluid changed and and the garage guy set the brake fluid indicator to show up after 2 years which is fine, but today when I was driving normally the run flat indicator suddenly shown up red. I stopped the car checked what it means and took it slowly to a near by garage, the guys set the tyre pressure and then I had to re-initilize the run flat indicator. But when the guys put the tyre pressure it looked like all the tyres had the correct pressure, so its a bit worrying that how come the run flat indicator turn up RED when all the tyres were OK, do you guys think that the garage guy messed up anything with my engine computer when setting the brake fluid indicator and could it just be a normal thing and nothing alarming? please clarify..thank you..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Have your re-initialised the indicator using instructions in your manual? I had a similar problem some weeks ago but was able to just re-set it but following the instructions writen in the manual. From what I know, they shouldn't tamper with your engine even if replacing the brake fluid etc..

If re-initialising fails, try calling BMW to ask for their advice.. sorry culdn't be of more help.
      05-23-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
satish_141
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Have your re-initialised the indicator using instructions in your manual? I had a similar problem some weeks ago but was able to just re-set it but following the instructions writen in the manual. From what I know, they shouldn't tamper with your engine even if replacing the brake fluid etc..

If re-initialising fails, try calling BMW to ask for their advice.. sorry culdn't be of more help.

hi, thanks for the response. Yes I have re-initialized and the problem hasn't repeated
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_141 View Post
hi, thanks for the response. Yes I have re-initialized and the problem hasn't repeated
Dude, I actually work in Reading Lol. Small world.. what do you do for a living and You into modding the Bimmer?

Oh and good to know the problem has stopped
      05-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #5
satish_141
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Dude, I actually work in Reading Lol. Small world.. what do you do for a living and You into modding the Bimmer?

Oh and good to know the problem has stopped
hiya..nice to get in touch..sent you a message, please check for details requested..
Appreciate 0