E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 330i MSport 05 Problems - Help!

05-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
ghosey115
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Black 330 M Sport

Garage List
Exclamation E90 330i MSport 05 Problems - Help!

Hi All,

Been a while since my last contribution on here, back when I had a new 06 plate 318. I now have a 2005 05 330i MSport. It has most options on it, including Active Steering (AS). I have started to encounter some gremlins with the car in the last week. I bought it in 08 (so no warranty).

The car has not been modified in any way, save 2x non runflat front tyres fitted in March.

When I Insert the key and start the engine the AS warning light illuminates on the dash. This is followed by a message on the iDrive: Active Steering Faulty, Steering wheel may be at an angle, possible to continue journey, steer carefully.

The power steering is still working, but the steering wheel is sitting at an angle (slightly to the right) when the wheels are straight. I haven't hit any potholes or kerbs so can't imagine the tracking would suddenly be off.

Then when I drive off, I get further warning lights for DSC Inactive and Runflat Indicator Inactive. I can't reset the tyre pressure monitor (RSA) when this happens and I have been able to get unrestricted wheelspin when moving off at high revs, so these features are definitely not working (eg not a false warning light).

I have also just discovered that the cruise control isn't working now since this problem started.

So... What is wrong with my car ladies and gents?! Is this a problem anyone has encountered before?

My understanding is that AS and DSC are linked as DSC can add or remove up to 5 degrees of steering angle. Might it be a sensor on the AS or DSC that has gone bad that has caused linked systems to become Inactive? I can't imagine AS, DSC, RSA and Cruise Control would all go wrong at the same time unless they were linked in some way.
      05-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Get a warranty asap, delete this topic - and claim in a month. You need a new DSC pump by the sounds of it!

Hope someone else can assist further..