E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > 360 Auto Body Rant

05-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i AW

Garage List
360 Auto Body Rant

Those of you who know me, you all know that I am a pretty easy going guy. I don't complain too much and as a customer I am usually pretty patient and understanding. But my recent episode with 360 Auto Body has forced me to write a bad review about their service. Don't get me wrong, Dave is a nice guy but I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

So this whole thing started the end of last summer when I got my aero lip painted by 360. I remember it taking at least a couple of weeks (multiple visits) before they finished painting. When it was done, I noticed that the color was slightly off (see pic), but I figured it wasn't that noticeable, so I could live it with. A few months went by and this happened:

I kept it on because I didn't have time to come back but I finally couldn't stand it anymore. As of right now, there is more plastic than there is paint on the lip. So I brought it in early March of this year. Dave said that the adhesive that he was using for the paint was defective and the product affected other people too. He told me he would fix it and estimated one week completion time. I waited for his call but he never called until finally last week on Friday (almost two months later) I decided to pay a visit to his shop. He had completely forgotten about the lip, and it had just been sitting on the rack this whole time. Again, he estimated a week to completion, told me to call this Wednesday to make sure it was done. So I called on Wednesday, and he told me to just show up on Friday and it would be ready for me.

Today I drove up there, arrived to his shop at 3:50 pm. It was closed, so I immediately called Dave. He then explained that he had been out of town due to a family emergency (his cousin died) and that for the last 4 days his shop has been closed. I have a hard time believing this because I just spoke to him on two days ago. Had he been out of town, why would he promise me that it would be done on Friday and to "just show up"? He's now telling me to come back Monday or Tuesday to pick it up.

So, on top of all the delays, here's where I am unhappy:

1. He was never apologetic about the problems he's causing me (I have things to do other than sit around calling and pushing him to do his job all day!)

2. The color he painted was wrong.

3. He's always coming up with excuses about the delays, and today he topped it off with what I believe to be a lie (about closure of business during the last 4 days). <- can anyone verify that they were in fact closed?

4. Unrelated to this matter, I had them install my wheels last year and they scratched up the center area where the lug nuts go (on all of them). Dave said he didn't do it, but when I dropped off the wheels, they were brand new in the packaging (I remember Johnny even helped unpack the wheels there)

Anyway, I am pretty upset about this whole thing. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I don't want to have to constantly call in and "push" Dave to get it done. In fact I think he needs to make it up to me somehow. In the mean time, those who are constantly suggesting/recommending this shop should reconsider...

Any comments/suggestions are welcome...

Tony
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
daheechang
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 m3

Tony i feel your pain. My car was estimated to be done within 10 days. he had my car for 32 days. Paintjob turned out great, but he did painted over parts where i told him to leave carbon! i even sent him emails that showed the paint scheme i wanted.

I am also a very easy going guy too. I hate complaining and i am not one to really rant for no reason. One TOP of this, he demanded 1100 out of my own pocket MORE than what insurance was covering. This was on TOP of his mistakes and me paying over $200 out of pocekt for rental car because he was not able to finish car on time. I DO NOT mind paying more for quality, but this was not the case. When i got my car, the door panel was not on right, the window trim was NOT on the freaking car (i had to buy adhesive and put it on myself), side mirrors were incorrectly installed, they do not fold, cf was painted over where i wanted left, the fade on the lip of my trunk was not straight...

I know a lot of people on this forum has had good expereince with Dave. As a person, he's a great guy. Horrible customer service, horrible cussomer courtesy and worst of all horrible compensation and lack of effort to resolve any mistakes he makes.

In the future i will not go to 360.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i AW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by daheechang View Post
Tony i feel your pain. My car was estimated to be done within 10 days. he had my car for 32 days. Paintjob turned out great, but he did painted over parts where i told him to leave carbon! i even sent him emails that showed the paint scheme i wanted.

I am also a very easy going guy too. I hate complaining and i am not one to really rant for no reason. One TOP of this, he demanded 1100 out of my own pocket MORE than what insurance was covering. This was on TOP of his mistakes and me paying over $200 out of pocekt for rental car because he was not able to finish car on time. I DO NOT mind paying more for quality, but this was not the case. When i got my car, the door panel was not on right, the window trim was NOT on the freaking car (i had to buy adhesive and put it on myself), side mirrors were incorrectly installed, they do not fold, cf was painted over where i wanted left, the fade on the lip of my trunk was not straight...

I know a lot of people on this forum has had good expereince with Dave. As a person, he's a great guy. Horrible customer service, horrible cussomer courtesy and worst of all horrible compensation and lack of effort to resolve any mistakes he makes.

Wow...that is crazy! Here I am just complaining about 1 part getting painted. I can't imagine what you went through to get your entire car done! I can relate to you on the car rental too when I had him do my coilovers. Had to spend a few days' out of pocket car rental fees cause of delays (spring compressor broke, lol always some great excuse). In the end, he had the guys next door do it, which I'm actually kinda glad they did.

Everything is installed correctly now right? Coz your car looked really great on that last Fast Five meet almost didn't recognize it.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
natelam
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i SG MT

hmm I had my aero lip painted from him too so hopefully this won't happen to me =[
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

I've meet Dave a couple of times, he seems like a nice guy. However his paint work sucks. I've really never said anything because a lot of people like him, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't match the paint correct. If he had better painting skills, it would make up for his some what lack of customer service. I was always told you get what you pay for. I rather pay more upfront then cheap out on this type of stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thats ridiculous. Will definitely spread the word.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

same thing happened to me, but not related to their paintjob. installed my roof spoiler and duck tail on my e90 last time, after a week suddenly the roof spoiler fall off in the highway, it's not happened when I installed it by myself. talked to him about this, and he said the fitment was bad. how is it related?
      05-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

First, just want to say. Same here, I dont go to 360 Autobody no more. Dave used to be awesome on all kind works, but not any more. Im currently using Illtech for all my installation and paint works. Anyone that who needs the work done can also use my referral there and get a beats up deal with great quality work done. Illect are currently located in Tacoma, but they will soon be moving to Bellevue.

anthoj, you are my buddy, but I still have to say something. Nothing against you or trying to back anyone up. Just trying to speak for the truth.
1. I helped Dave to unpack your wheels as a favor for you, but I didnt see Dave install them on.
2. Dave asked you to leave the car there in order for him to match the paint works and you said its okay caz you need the car to drive. In that case, Dave said all he can do is to use your OEM color code and paint the parts for you. Your car is used and the paint is fading already. As a detailer like me, the exterior color of your car is "yellowish", not white.
3. Before you went in to Dave, you already knew the work is just so so. But you said that you need a CHEAP job. I offered you a better quality shop, which means more cost. You said you want a cheaper deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daheechang View Post

Haha, bro. You know Dave better more than everyone. Why did you go back to him?? You didnt realize that my car isnt there no more for a long while?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #9
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
i heard both good and bad things about this place, glad I didn't go there. Suck to hear that though, I know what it's like to get fucked over by the bodyshop, hope everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #10
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lin View Post

Your car is used and the paint is fading already. As a detailer like me, the exterior color of your car is "yellowish", not white.
Thats not true. Clear paint doesn't yellow/fade like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jattditutti View Post
Thats not true. Clear paint doesn't yellow/fade like that.
Im sorry bro, but Anthony's car it is more like yellowish now. Dont want to argue with anyone. Anthony is a great buddy of my and I saw his car many times. Im just speaking for the truth, not to argue. I do agree Dave is getting worse and worse for most his lately works done. Not sure why, but I dont go there no more and will not return. All the local ppl or close friends know about it. Illtech is who Im dealing with now and Im trying to work out a deal with Bel-Red Auto Rebuild as well. So in the future, I can get ppl a deal locally.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #12
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Well I haven't seen his car, so you might be right. But I've seen Dave's recent work, and its pretty bad.

If you want, I know the guys at Metropolitan Detail and I can try to get you good deals at Queen City Auto.

Also isn't your friends GTR there? I would take it to another shop. I know Haury's is qualified to work on the GTR since they got a certificate from Nissan a while back.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #13
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

wow....didn't know what to think after I went in for a visit to see Andrew's car. I'd agree that he's a nice guy, but things are just scattered everywhere. Kinda reminds me of the cheapie chinesey place I used to bring my cars to in Oakland back in the day....except Dave doesn't have a bunch of lanky guys chain smoking with unfiltereds danglin from their lips shouting "DEWWWW" this and "DEWWW" that.

Plus....sorry to hear about your troubles Anthony. =[

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jattditutti View Post
Well I haven't seen his car, so you might be right. But I've seen Dave's recent work, and its pretty bad.

If you want, I know the guys at Metropolitan Detail and I can try to get you good deals at Queen City Auto.

Also isn't your friends GTR there? I would take it to another shop. I know Haury's is qualified to work on the GTR since they got a certificate from Nissan a while back.
Nah, not Haury. I will nvr go there too. They fxxk up my car too. Haury is in my black list as well. The GTR is a total, so its all good. Thanks bud

People at Metropolitan knows me, but I dont kw them. But I do want to go and give them a shot one day. Heard many good things about them.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I am speechless. I went in for a dent removal, the person (not Dave) did a great job. I am glad he didn't suggest a repaint. If I ever get a kit, he was my choice to get them painted but glad this came up........

Dave is a nice guy for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #16
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

If you go there, talk with John and say you know me; TJ. He'll give you a good deal! He loves the current E9X M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #17
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Sorry to hear this happened to you and Andrew. Dave did a wheel refinishing of mine a while ago and he did a pretty good job but I can see that it has definitely gone downhill. I remember walking into his shop one day to get a quote with a friend and no one was there...everything was completely unlocked - the offices, service area, and the lockbox for all the car keys just waiting for someone to rob the place. After that, I never wanted to go back

I used RnR and they did a great job perfectly matched paint too.

And enough with this "Dave is a nice guy" blah blah blah...to me the product you put forth and present is a reflection of yourself, and it's crap so it reflects back on him
      05-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #18
icyunv
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92,G63,CLS550,458,EVO X FE

i've had my share of poor experience @ 360 as well, nice guy doesnt justify poor quality and customer service.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 02:39 AM   #19
natelam
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i SG MT

Johnny if you can work something out with Bel-Red Rebuild that would be awesome
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #20
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e92

just thinking to get my wheel lip polish by 360, so any other recommend shop for wheel polish?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #21
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
just thinking to get my wheel lip polish by 360, so any other recommend shop for wheel polish?
Try Illect, call 2538798324 and look for either Cody or Andrew. Mention my name, Johnny Lin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natelam View Post
Johnny if you can work something out with Bel-Red Rebuild that would be awesome
Already met and spoke to the owner, he is willing to give me some deal with my referral. But we dont have a final agreement yet. Let me work it out and I will post it up asap.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #22
daheechang
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 m3

this is where i currently stand with dave. i think he's a nice guy. is capable of great work. but is ill mannered business wise. the paintwork on my car is excellent. i have no complaints other than one or two spots. However, the execution, the attention to detail when putting the car back together was so poor that that alone makes me never want to bring my car back to him again. that and he loves to make up convenient excuses for why work was not done on time. straight shooters for me from now on
Appreciate 0