Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Forgestar Rant

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
TexasBmw11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Forgestar Rant

What do u guys think about this situation? I ordered a set of Forgestar F-14 from Forgestar directly and I was told the wheels would take 4 – 6 weeks. So I waited patiently and on the 6th week I called to see what the status was. They said the wheels are in paint and will be shipped out Monday. Called that Monday and I was told the wheels didn’t get shipped and will be shipped for sure on the following Monday. So the wheels still weren’t shipped so I gave it a week and called the bank and cancelled the order. They then called me two months later to tell me my wheels are ready!! I told them I cancelled the order through the bank. Now they are saying I owe them a 50% Restocking/Canceling Fee and so I called them to just purchase the wheels and they don’t even have the wheels. And the worst part is they sent my bank a written statement saying the wheels were finished and ready to ship on the 5th week and they claim they couldn’t get ahold of me...

Last edited by TexasBmw11; 05-05-2011 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

What I think is,,, you owe NOTHING since they did not deliver the wheels when promised. It sounds like a cheap scare tactic to persuade you into buying the wheels they made. Fortunately for them they found a buyer.

I assume since they don't have the wheels anymore they are not expecting a 50% restocking fee for wheels they no longer have?

It was because of stories I read like this and fitment issues that lead me to not purchase Forgestar wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

How could they charge a restocking fee if they don't have the wheels? I assume they sold them???
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
pentaxis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i

If they supposedly had them the 5th week, they would have just shipped them to you. Don't let them have a single dime. They sold them for full price to another customer. Fuck dickhead companies.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

If they really just turned around and sold them after attempting delivery 10 weeks late, I would say you don't owe them a damn thing