E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Disappointed with BMW of Alexandria

04-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
E92Monstah
E92 OCD
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i Coupe

Garage List
Disappointed with BMW of Alexandria

Has anyone else been disappointed with BMW of Alexandria? I brought my 2008 328i Coupe in for it's annual service. I got an oil change and filter along with wipers and a bad wash. Shouldn't I have received more? The car has 20,100 miles on it. Looking at the receipt, it looks like they did no inspection of the brakes, fluids, air filter, etc. Shouldn't all that be standard? When they were BMW of Arlington, I went there once and was not satisfied. The only reason I went to them now is because they are right up the street. I think I may be going to Passport for now on. I have also been less than impressed with their sales staff. My wife and I went looking for a 1 Series and because we weren't "dressed for the occasion" we were completely ignored. The very next day we drove to Passport and dropped 30k on a 2011 128i. Yesterday, while waiting for my car to be serviced, I walked around the showroom in my jeans and T-shirt and once again was completely ignored. Gee, I bet they could have talked me into the sweet black 135 M Sport they had sitting on the floor! Anyway, I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had the same poor experience at BMW of Alexandria.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
I went there one day with a friend that was looking at getting another m3 but with an individual color, sat down with the CA and mentioned he wanted an individual color and interior and all we got was a deer in headlights look. Then we showed him pictures of m3's with individual packages that were at the welt for European delivery waiting for there new owners and he says that its an after market addition and that BMW doesn't do anything like that!! He ask's his manager and he had no idea what we were talking about either. As far as service goes, I haven't really heard anything as bad as Fairfax's service but i know there have been a few issues with a couple forum members at Alexandria. If you had a good experience at passport continue going there. If its not to far from you, BMW of Sterling has a pretty good service center IMO
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
dpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
I went there one day with a friend that was looking at getting another m3 but with an individual color, sat down with the CA and mentioned he wanted an individual color and interior and all we got was a deer in headlights look. Then we showed him pictures of m3's with individual packages that were at the welt for European delivery waiting for there new owners and he says that its an after market addition and that BMW doesn't do anything like that!! He ask's his manager and he had no idea what we were talking about either. As far as service goes, I haven't really heard anything as bad as Fairfax's service but i know there have been a few issues with a couple forum members at Alexandria. If you had a good experience at passport continue going there. If its not to far from you, BMW of Sterling has a pretty good service center IMO
I agree with him
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
lol

silly CAs, not knowing about BMW individual... does a bear sh*t in the woods? lol

the CA and his manager must be new. I would have called BMW NA right there and made them look stupid and then say ok, i'm taking my business to BMW of XXX b/c you guys haven't a clue. Probably best that you left anyways since they'd probably mess up your individual order
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
lol

silly CAs, not knowing about BMW individual... does a bear sh*t in the woods? lol

the CA and his manager must be new. I would have called BMW NA right there and made them look stupid and then say ok, i'm taking my business to BMW of XXX b/c you guys haven't a clue. Probably best that you left anyways since they'd probably mess up your individual order
supposedly his manager has been with bmw for 10 years or something!! Completely horrible!!

Im going to PM you something, ull get a good laugh out of it if you havnt seen it yet
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Yup, I went there for the first time about a month ago to get my last service before my warranty was up. Told the SA to make sure to check everything plus the bad wastegate rattle and he said they would. I come back to get it and it got a crappy wash, plus they change the oil and wiper blades. Told me the updated software would get ride of the rattle.

Still rattles like crazy all the time, the software didn't do a damn thing. Pretty sure it was rattling when the dude pulled it in the bay for me. When I got back to pick up the car, the SA didn't even talk to me. He was too busy chatting it up with some other dude the whole time I was waiting for my car to be pulled around. Totally unprofessional. Oh, but he did try to get me to spend 2 grand on an extended warranty.

My fuel pump is about to go out again so I'll probably be taking it back there and talking to a manager to get something done about the wastegates too. It's embarrassing driving my car around because it sounds like absolute shit.

I think the only good thing about Alexandria is that they have nice loaners. There were at least 3 fully loaded 2011 328i verts and I got a 335d for the day.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
MD_schnitzer
Schnitzlfritz
Rep
Drives: 07 ACS 335i

Garage List
2007 ACS 335i  [0.00]
2009 Maxima SV  [0.00]
BMW of Annapolis

I can't say anything about Alexandria BMW, but I can speak to the poor service at Annapolis BMW. I went in for a routine oil change (with an appointment) and it too over 2.5 hours for the service and they "forgot" to completely tighten the oil filter cap thus allowing oil to spray all over my engine compartment on the way home. They did do the right thing and credit my service, but that was only after I asked them how they could make it right. I don't believe it was malicious, but it was definitely not something I'd expect from a BMW service center.
02 Accord SE
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
z33r
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92tt

personal experiences: disappointed with BMW Fairfax service (3) and Alexandria service (4) (1-10; 10 being excellent overall service/price)

SA joe at Tisher BMW (7.5)

Last edited by z33r; 05-03-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Just took my car to get a problem with my A/C checked - Also there was an apparent recall on my HPFP as well - so they replaced it. My SA Scott helped me immediately since I purchased my car from BMW Fairfax. Got me into a loaner (Brand new 328i, so glad I bought the 335i!)

Updated me on the issues at hand - no hassles when I picked it up, don't really care about the wash job since I like handwashing on my own. Also picked up a set of aw floormats that I saw while I was there

Hopefully my first experience will be the norm when I go for future service.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Years ago, I too had a bad experience with BMW of Alexandria, but it was with sales. I went in to buy a car, but they didn't want to talk with me. I was there for 15 minutes looking at cars and walking around the showroom and the lot and nobody ever even said, "Hello." I finally left and went to VOB and bought the car.

VOB is OK, but Passport is closer to me and easier to get to that Rockville, so I go there. They are as good as I expect any place would be. I wouldn't say they impress me or that they exceed expectations, but they'll do.

And I have to say that the salesman I work with there is a good fellow. When I was buying the 328i, I'd planned initially to buy a used one, but he figured out how to get me a new one with the equipment I wanted for the same money I was willing to spend on a used one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
dc5_champ88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
i stay with VOB in rockville..

Previous: 03 Acura RSX-S: Boosted 400WHP (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
E92Monstah
E92 OCD
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i Coupe

Garage List
Update: My SA (Dena) has actually been great. I talked to her about my disappointment and she has agreed to compensate me generously. I'll give them another shot.
Appreciate 0