E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > MStyle Warning

04-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
A12DY B
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330I M SPORT

MStyle Warning

Just a quick warning,

As many will remember I ordered a X6 in NOV last year, after a few delays I received the car in Jan

However my 21" BMW alloys was still not delivered, so a deal was done on the 20" BMW alloys so I could take an already delayed delivery.

At this point I looked into IFORGED wheels, MSTYLE were the suppliers. They told me they could do me and individual set of wheels for £5600 which would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. I followed their advice and cancelled my BMW alloys and an order was placed with a £2000 deposit

When 6 weeks past I spoke to Paul @MSTYLE to see what day I could collect my wheels, to be told he would email the factory. From this I was told there were delays and 2 more weeks were needed.

Emails over the following 2 weeks showed no signs, so at the 8 week point I cancelled the wheels, he emailed back apologising and said he was out the office for a week and would sort it when he returned,

Tonight at the 9 week point he called and said they were ready and they would be sent from America soon. At which point I said after all the hassle I was no longer interested and as per my email last week wanted to cancel and expected a refund.

He said he was not willing to issue a refund, so I am now having to go through my credit card company

Take this as a warning before purchasing from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
ZoomZoom
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 335i, 09 XC90

ouch..$3400 hit. sorry man

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

Why it takes so long to get a X6?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
ZoomZoom
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 335i, 09 XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
Why it takes so long to get a X6?
2months.. sounds normal.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
BimmerPod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f85 x5m

iForged has a very questionable reputation...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

They had to have the wheels custom made, hence the large deposit. Sucks about the wait, but you are either going to have to take delivery of the wheels or kiss the money goodbye. I would get the wheels.
      04-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
They had to have the wheels custom made, hence the large deposit. Sucks about the wait, but you are either going to have to take delivery of the wheels or kiss the money goodbye. I would get the wheels.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow..

Garage List
2007 E92  [5.00]
sorry to hear..file a chargeback with your credit card company
      04-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe Msport AW

You should have made him sign an agreement that if the wheels didn't arrive within a period of time you could get your money back. At this point you may as well just keep waiting for the wheels instead of losing the deposit.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
ABerry
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 | n54

since your X6 is useless without the iforge rims, just hand it over to me.. just take care of the payments tho
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
A12DY B
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330I M SPORT

As an update they offered discount on the wheels and delivery so did try and resolve,

have now agreed to a refund so looking better
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Wait. So you ordered custom work done, the company invested a large amount of money in fullfilling the order then the job you ordered performed took longer than expected so you decided to withdraw payment? It was beyond nice of them to agree to a discount or a refund. I don't know about the laws in the UK but in the US if you order someone to do a job and pay them, if they take longer than expected you can't back out of the deal and stick them with what they invested in it. At best you are entitled to whatever monetary damages you suffered from the delay, which in this case was impatients, which isn't worth anything.

Sticking a company that's doing work for you with a huge bill for a custom part really screws the company, and iForged had every reason to be fully within their right to not offer a refund. US law says they have no reason to and you can't decide that they have to refund you on a whim and stick them with a large parts bill.

iForged was very very kind to offer a discount and a refund on a purchase contract they had no further obligation to. I honestly can't beleive you're criticizing the company when you: screwed them, then they offered to be extremely kind and reasonable to you beyond what was legally required of them, and you got exactaly what you wanted in the end.

Not cool.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

That's not exactly true. If they said 4-6 weeks and didn't deliver in 4-6 weeks, then they didn't honor the agreement. With that said, 9 weeks really isn't that bad.

I had the first set of te-37s on a E92. They said 3 months... it took 5 and a half. It was strange. The week I was thinking about cancelling it, they finally said they were shipping.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
jlc1978
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Red e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Wait. So you ordered custom work done, the company invested a large amount of money in fullfilling the order then the job you ordered performed took longer than expected so you decided to withdraw payment? It was beyond nice of them to agree to a discount or a refund. I don't know about the laws in the UK but in the US if you order someone to do a job and pay them, if they take longer than expected you can't back out of the deal and stick them with what they invested in it. At best you are entitled to whatever monetary damages you suffered from the delay, which in this case was impatients, which isn't worth anything.
Not according the the US FTC Federal Mail and Telephone Order Rules:

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

Pretty straightforward; and why you get emails or cards if companies exceed the 30 days. The EU also has a 30 day requirement.

Last edited by jlc1978; 04-27-2011 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc1978 View Post
Not according the the US FTC Federal Mail and Telephone Order Rules:

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

Pretty straightforward; and why you get emails or cards if companies exceed the 30 days. The EU also has a 30 day requirement.
That doesn't seem to relate to a deposit being put towards a custom job. The deposit is to ensure you're good for the money and they don't get themselves into something you don't plan on paying for, so why would it make sense to get your deposit back if you decide to back out?

Only delay I saw was they asked for 2 weeks after the original due date, during which there was still communication, but no context revealed, then they asked for one more week which they did follow up on and said they were ready. I mean it sucks, but it sounds like they responded and ended up trying to help out in the end.

What it really comes down to is the original agreement on the deposit, which I hope there was one for that kind of money.

Last edited by skinrock; 04-27-2011 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0