E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > If your thinking about a remap - DTUK is a good option!

04-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
dape90
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 118i M-Sport

If your thinking about a remap - DTUK is a good option!

Hi All,

Well I promised to put a post up once i had fitted and tried the DTUK Red module on my 2011 325D M - Sport.

If anyone out there has the newer version ECU with the anti-tamper encryption software on it then consider this.
You don't want to invalidate your warranty, you need to be able to switch your map back without any issues when/if your car needs to visit your BMW dealer (which is not straight forwards with the new ECU). And you need comfort knowing that you can talk to someone that really known’s their stuff when eking out those extra BHPs from you engine.

So with all this in mind the DTUK hardware is, in my opinion, excellent.

It does exactly what it says on the box. More power, less fuel and smoother running (not that this is on the box).

I have my Red box turned up to 9 (have not tried A yet) and the car is transformed. What is seems to have done it rather than that hit of torque that falls off after 3600RPM the power deliver is now more constant in line with a petrol delivery.
The top oomph that was there before the fitment seem to have dipped a tiny tiny bit, but what you get in return is none stop torque right up to 4800 RPM! Its great! I can easily keep up with a 330D (and gain a little) and had to back off the other day as I nearly parked in the back of one of a Ford ST24 thingy’s. Other cars have also tried and failed recently as well.
Plus I can get 180 miles on a quarter of a tank whereas before I would be just about seeing 160 miles. I don't normally run my tank to empty as I fill up at the start of the week regardless of how much is in the tank but I am buying less fuel at the min, not a lot less but it all helps.

This bolt on takes about ten mins and even if you have no technical knowhow the instruction are easy to follow. You just need patents when finding the best map for your car.

So basically you can have your cake and eat it. Which is rare in this day and age.

I intend to get the car on a rolling road in the next few weeks, I will post the results when I get them.

A big thank you to everyone who posted back on my original thread when I was thinking about this originally.

Cheers

D
Appreciate 0