E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW Missisauga First BMW service experience

04-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
reefer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi sedan

BMW Missisauga First BMW service experience

Greetings Folks,
This is my first thread as I m a new owner of 2006 325xi. My car is covered with extended warranty until 11/2011 or 160k (I currently have 108k).

So.. I had the check engine light on in yellow color, I take it to BMW Mississauga, My first impression was not good as I saw many disgruntled customers complaining about their bills and fed up reception employees with "talk to the hand" look on their faces.
The service adviser tells me it will cost me $129 for diagnosis and if repair is not covered under warranty, not only I pay for the repair but I have to pay for the diagnosis as well. (WOW !!) with little choice I have, I leave the car and come home. I get a call from service adviser that they found two issues, one is covered under warranty(solenoid valve?) other one fuel tank valve they are not sure and they have sent a mail to bmw to check if its covered under extended warranty but most likely its not covered !! next day she calls me and tells me that its not covered( off course) Next I get a $440 bill for fuel tank vent valve including labor, the part they did cover under warranty was solenoid valve. (reading from invoice)
they also charged me $64 to initialize rear passenger window since it had intermittent problem with rolling up.
So Basically I paid $504 after having extended warranty. When I got home i checked the extended warranty book it clearly states that fuel system and window regulator are covered under warranty.
If I didn't have extended warranty I'd probably never go to them but I still feel they ripped me off.

Can anyone with experience please help me figure out how can I confirm that the parts / labor they did was indeed not covered under extended warranty. I am even suspicious if they actually did anything as car didnt have any problems in running. Also she quoted me $190 for an oil change but in the end she said they did a complementary oil change.
I have to go back as the windows issue is still not resolved and when i go thru car info in dash board it still shows oil change as overdue. they should've reset it if they changed the oil.

Any thoughts or comments or advise on future service will be much appreciated, I am also interested in a reputable bmw shop in around GTA .

Thanks very much for reading !!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

You should have gone to BMW Toronto or Parkview.

At least the SA would have explained to you what are / are not covered with a bit more clarification.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
ChickenFriedRice
Canadian Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefer View Post
Greetings Folks,
This is my first thread as I m a new owner of 2006 325xi. My car is covered with extended warranty until 11/2011 or 160k (I currently have 108k).

So.. I had the check engine light on in yellow color, I take it to BMW Mississauga, My first impression was not good as I saw many disgruntled customers complaining about their bills and fed up reception employees with "talk to the hand" look on their faces.
The service adviser tells me it will cost me $129 for diagnosis and if repair is not covered under warranty, not only I pay for the repair but I have to pay for the diagnosis as well. (WOW !!) with little choice I have, I leave the car and come home. I get a call from service adviser that they found two issues, one is covered under warranty(solenoid valve?) other one fuel tank valve they are not sure and they have sent a mail to bmw to check if its covered under extended warranty but most likely its not covered !! next day she calls me and tells me that its not covered( off course) Next I get a $440 bill for fuel tank vent valve including labor, the part they did cover under warranty was solenoid valve. (reading from invoice)
they also charged me $64 to initialize rear passenger window since it had intermittent problem with rolling up.
So Basically I paid $504 after having extended warranty. When I got home i checked the extended warranty book it clearly states that fuel system and window regulator are covered under warranty.
If I didn't have extended warranty I'd probably never go to them but I still feel they ripped me off.

Can anyone with experience please help me figure out how can I confirm that the parts / labor they did was indeed not covered under extended warranty. I am even suspicious if they actually did anything as car didnt have any problems in running. Also she quoted me $190 for an oil change but in the end she said they did a complementary oil change.
I have to go back as the windows issue is still not resolved and when i go thru car info in dash board it still shows oil change as overdue. they should've reset it if they changed the oil.

Any thoughts or comments or advise on future service will be much appreciated, I am also interested in a reputable bmw shop in around GTA .

Thanks very much for reading !!
CPO warranty? Deductible for diagnosis should only be $50.
Appreciate 0