E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Minimum drop for coilovers...

03-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
noodles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Minimum drop for coilovers...

Does anyone know which set of coilovers have the minimum possible drop - I'm looking for something in the 0 - .5" range on non track days...

KW, PSS9's, Tien, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

From my experience the min drop is usually close to what the "sport" spring offering from the company. Front usually has tons of range, but on cars that have the shock and spring separate in the rear the perch has to be pretty short.

Keep in mind the shocks used have an operating range and if you set them too high or too low the ride quality goes down hill quick. I put my H&R's up really high for winter one time and it rode like a brick until I put them back down.

Speedware used to, and I think there's another shop in Kirkland (can't remember the name, starts with a C I think?) will thread shock bodies for you. I'm sure it probably costs a boat load to have them custom make coilovers but might be what you're looking for?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
noodles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thanks man - that is about what I thought....putting on H & R sport or Eibach prokits are about the min drop you can do ....was hoping to have coilovers on that I can adjust but what you are saying makes sense, they have a limited range of what will be feasible as far as ride height and ride quality and are designed to be lower....I will call around to some of the shops mentioned...

I also live in Kirkland but am not familiar with the C shop....I'll look into it...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
check on www.**********s.com

they have all the minimums and maximums listed.....

PM Ron************ for a great deal
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

You might just call up the guys at speedware and see what they have or what they could recommend for what you want. Sometimes just asking the retailers/installers cuts to the chase.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0