E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > Airsoft: One of a Kind Custom Tokyo Marui M4A1 **(NOW $500)**

03-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Airsoft: One of a Kind Custom Tokyo Marui M4A1 **(NOW $500)**

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
*****MORE PHOTOS AND DETAILS BELOW*****

THE GLOCK IS NOT AVAILABLE SORRY

Alright, I'm tired of trying to sell this and am prepared to give it away at an unheard of price. This includes everything pictured in the photos, except the mount for the aimpoint is different (still cantilever) and the rear sight has also been switch with another. The only thing missing would be batteries and a charger for those batteries.

$500 and shipping to your doorstep, or best offer

Now that my 335i has arrived it's time to do some modding, but I need to free up some money first. My greatest hobby before cars was airsoft, the peak of which gave birth to this:

The gun itself is a Tokyo Marui M4A1 I originally bought as their DevGru custom M4 ($900). It then began its transformation, losing and gaining accessories, these are its current stats:

Tokyo Marui M4A1
tuned to 400fps (385 in actuality)
Guarder Metal Body
Guarder 2 piece cqb barel
Systema metal hop-up chamber
Star ruber ergonomic grip
Prime battery retractable stock
G&P Aimpoint
G&P Rear Flip Up Sight
Phantom Flashhider
superbright 13 LED flashlight
high connectivity connectors (wired to the stock)
Norrell MolyResin (metalbody, outterbarel, front sight, ras, stock tube, flashhider, flashlight and mount, etc.)

I will also throw in a G&G silencer that is also refinished in Norrells and matchs the gun perfectly as well as a Classic Army bipod (both pictured here, before the silencer or gun was refinished however http://ironicdesigns.no-ip.com/Pictu...s/IMG_1028.jpg.

Now besides the ordinary, here's the real custom part about this gun. The WHOLE rifle has been refinished with Norrell's (http://www.molyresin.com/). MolyResin is the same finish applied to countless highend arms by their manufacturers. By refinished, I mean the parts have been stripped of previous paint and been recoated in a milspec finish. The whole process took me three days to finish and atleast 10 hrs between stripping the paint and refinishing and curing.

Some facts about MolyResin below.

Specifications:

Appearance:
The bonded coating will appear uniform in color, smooth and free from cracks, runs, sags, scratches, pin holes, blisters, bubbles, and foreign matter.

Thickness:
The optimal thickness of the coating will be between .0003" and .0009" unless a thicker coating is desired. The thin coating characteristics of less than one thousands of an inch allows easy re-assembly of precision fitted parts

Lubricity:
Moly Resin***8482; contains molybdenum disulfide, which provides excellent anti-friction characteristics. Wear life is comparable to blued, parkerized and other common firearm finishes. Moly Resin***8482; is a phenolic Resin that when thermally cured, produces the most durable thermally cured painted surface of any products on the market. Wear life when tested on Tabor Abrasurf with #CS10 wheel installed @ 500 grams weight minimum 235 RPM's.

Thermal Stability:
The cured coating will withstand exposure at 500 f for 1000 hours minimum and 1000 hour minimum soak at -125 f. Minimum initial oxidation temperature is 880 f. Thermal breakaway is 1000 f minimum.

Fluid Resistance:
Moly Resin***8482; will meet 24 hour emersion requirements in the following fluids: aviation gasoline, hydraulic fluid, jet fuel, lubricating oils, paint removers, trichlorethylene, nitric, sulphuric and hydrochloric acids, hydrogen peroxide, gun powder solvents, strong bases such as ammonium and sodium hydroxide, and numerous other strong chemicals.

Corrosion Resistance:
Moly Resin***8482;, when applied to bare sandblasted cold rolled steel will pass the test procedures for salt water spray at 1000 hours, salt water immersion at a minimum of 1000 hours, accelerated salt spray test equivalent to 30 years marine atmosphere exposure, and 60 days sea water immersion.

Hardness:
Hardness meets and/or exceeds the hardness of any Epoxy,Teflon or most other thermally cured firearm coating or paints on the market.

Here are some photos (note: the optics pictured have since been removed, but I will throw in an aimpoint w/ cantilever mount and a NEW G&P Aimpoint). Notice the finish - this is THE MOST REALISTIC airsoft replica rifle on the market. The blemishes in the finish you're seeing, where the paint looks blotchy, is from silicone oil; the residue rubs off as well as most any other scratch thanks to Norrell's.

For reference (look out how uniform and high quality the finish looks on the flat slide of the glock):

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Oh man I wish I could, just got finished using those rifles on boardings in the middle east and love the way they feel and work. Almost makes me wish I hadn't gotten wheels today...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
Oh man I wish I could, just got finished using those rifles on boardings in the middle east and love the way they feel and work. Almost makes me wish I hadn't gotten wheels today...
woah!!! autobot still around??? havent seen or heard about them since late 90s....who are you? do i know you?? i'm from rosemead.

nice piece ironic. wish i could pick this up from you for fun. what do you want to trade for this???
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Sorry. No seriously though the Navy is using the M4's for all boardings now, all ships are outfitted with them for thier MIO ops, great weapons.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

bump ttt

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 328xi & 2008 E90 335i

This should be moved in Misc Item section of the marketplace.

2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
2007 E91 328xi | Black Sapphire | Terra | ALuminium | ZKO | ZKI | ZPL
Past Cars: 2004 ///M3, 2002 E46 330xi, 2003 GTI 1.8T, 1996 Neon
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

hmmm...i could use one of these in my dorm room