E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > *****Official Malaysian Grand Prix Thread*****

04-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
*****Official Malaysian Grand Prix Thread*****

So what do we think about tomorow?!
      04-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
AlphaJulietGolf
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d SE

Qualifying was tight, I think it will be a bloody good race, if it rains it'll make it even more interesting, thinking Hamilton has this one in the bag.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Why because it may rain?! Didn't He think that too in the sopping wet in Korea only to be completely dropped by Vettel and Alonso and to be passed by Rosberg
      04-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

McLarens looking v.strong and also running some more downforce. It will rain tomorrow, it is forecast to be highly likely. The extra downforce and front wing adjustment which is allowed should place the McLarens to be favourites in a wet race.

I love this track and the Mercedes engines are the fastest on the straights. They have a good formula now. The HRT's are in the mix now due to the front runners using the hard compound in Q1 and could create some interesting tussles and might catch some out on a blue flag pass, especially if it rains.

I think tomorrow is going to be one of the best races of the season. The wet tyres are largely unknown, race pace on dry soft tyres and high fuel loads in this heat might become interesting with the extreme wear, the circuit is an exceptional design and the front runners are very close. I just pray that nothing happens on the first 2 corners, luckily it is a v.wide track but 1st corner line could create a lot of trouble, there is no run off unless you bottom out on the curb.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
AlphaJulietGolf
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d SE

I remember a couple of seasons back, Hamilton dominated in the wet at Silverstone, I know different track and climate, but still think he will have what it takes to take it tomorrow. I would obviously like to see all of the brits do well. Am curious to see how Lotus / Renault do this season, would like them to do well for the Lotus connection.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Hamilton has great car control making him a great wet driver. However he is also a true racer and takes big risks, coming unstuck or even stacking it. The worst the car the bigger the risk he takes. Luckily tomorrow he will have a great car with more downforce than the other front runners. It will be interesting providing they all stay on the track.

If it is hot button will patiently drive through after the scrap between hamilton and vettel. Buttons tyre management would normally stand him in good stead in this heat but I'm pretty sure it will be wet. But don't forget button makes some race winning strategy decisions. Namely the excellent hard tyre drive in the wet in oz last year.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Drove well for the win.