E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Hullo. 335i suspension question.

03-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
paulGT3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Hullo. 335i suspension question.

Hello everyone I am a new member. I just got my wife a 335i sedan. What a car I have been driving it everyday-the performance is outstanding. I am so impressed I am thinking about trading my chevy diesel in for an X5 or a Poprsche Cayenne. I love this 335. Brakes arent up to Porsche standard but man this car is amazing its a basic white with sport package. What is the suspension changes in the sports package? and yes I searched.

07 Z4M
06 4.8iS X5
07 GT silver GT3
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
335boosted2Dmax
Banned
Rep
Drives: Boosted

you obviously searched in the wrong area..............SUSPENSION TECHNICAL FORUM, the first thread is about the sport suspension!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
"a sport tuned suspension"

it's niiiiiice huh?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
paulGT3
Private First Class
Rep

I saw that thread- not very informative coming from a track backround.
"it has nice seats" is not exactly an great explanation of what the package consists of. ANd since there many different areas here I thought someone would be nice enough to explain or point me in the right direction instead of the every forum in the world warm welcome "Use the search button" answer.
thanks in advance

07 Z4M
06 4.8iS X5
07 GT silver GT3
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

i think even the general forum would be better than this engine forum for that question.

i dont know the exact answer to your question, all i know is about the coupes. and for them, both have the same suspension, the sports package just changes the seats, wheels and tires.
      03-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
paulGT3
Private First Class
Rep

I dont know why this should be a difficult question -this forum is not exactly
organized in an Organized manner. In the Porsche board you look up your model, as in 996 GT3 forum-in the 996 forum any question pertaining to the 996 GT3 is a viable question. The reason I asked it in the forced induction forum is because our car is a twin turbo. I thought since I have a Twin Turbo I can ask a question about my twin turbo. I didnt realize I had to look up supsension, submodel, serial number - color etc. To repeat this menu press #2.
I just want to know what the sports package entails so that I cant start evaluating possible upgrades or not. One thing I can say about this forum is its not very inviting. Typically nice guys in forums have a little patience with newbies and answer the questions and then point them in the right direction.
I still have no answer to my question.

07 Z4M
06 4.8iS X5
07 GT silver GT3
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulGT3 View Post
I dont know why this should be a difficult question -this forum is not exactly
organized in an Organized manner. In the Porsche board you look up your model, as in 996 GT3 forum-in the 996 forum any question pertaining to the 996 GT3 is a viable question. The reason I asked it in the forced induction forum is because our car is a twin turbo. I thought since I have a Twin Turbo I can ask a question about my twin turbo. I didnt realize I had to look up supsension, submodel, serial number - color etc. To repeat this menu press #2.
I just want to know what the sports package entails so that I cant start evaluating possible upgrades or not. One thing I can say about this forum is its not very inviting. Typically nice guys in forums have a little patience with newbies and answer the questions and then point them in the right direction.
I still have no answer to my question.

I take it you go to Willow Springs or Buttonwillow then? I taught with Todd Serota and his TracQuest group for several years...(mostly Porsche guys)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
paulGT3
Private First Class
Rep

I know Todd he runs a great run group, he had that Speed yellow GT2.
Yes WIllow and Buttonwillow are my normal tracks.

07 Z4M
06 4.8iS X5
07 GT silver GT3
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #9
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

welcome to the board...glad to hear you enjoy your wife's 335. on my coupe i have the sport package and as far as i know it only lowers the car .02 inches than normal and thats on the coupe, dont know if its the same for sedan. and yes get used to the massive amounts of search button douche bags on this board. way different board then 6speedonline thats for sure...

you can always check out H&R sport springs or race springs (lower the car more than sport), or any other brand (eibach, koni, etc.) for springs.

if you want coilovers check out bilstein, kw, or h&r. i think there may be a few more brands that have coilovers for the E90....

always willing to help out another P car owner
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
Evan@Creative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
welcome to the board...glad to hear you enjoy your wife's 335. on my coupe i have the sport package and as far as i know it only lowers the car .02 inches than normal and thats on the coupe, dont know if its the same for sedan. and yes get used to the massive amounts of search button douche bags on this board. way different board then 6speedonline thats for sure...

you can always check out H&R sport springs or race springs (lower the car more than sport), or any other brand (eibach, koni, etc.) for springs.

if you want coilovers check out bilstein, kw, or h&r. i think there may be a few more brands that have coilovers for the E90....

always willing to help out another P car owner

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new car for the wife. I'm working on getting a the list of the exact differences between the sport and non-sport packages from my buddy at Brecht BMW. If your not happy with the brakes, you can always do a BBK.
Appreciate 0