E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Encinitas BMW (formerly Harloff BMW)

03-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, i03 i3s, f80

Thumbs down Encinitas BMW (formerly Harloff BMW)

Situation was resolved.

Last edited by derrick; 07-03-2020 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: Situation Update
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
icewatersoda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black on Black E90

Bastards!
i bought my car @ harloff, no wonder most of the oringal staff there are all gone now.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Sorry to hear man.

My wife used to go to school with Mrs. Harloff, what a small world I dont really like BMW of SD much either and have been going to Cunningham for about a year and half now.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #4
brian32e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Alpine White 330i ZSP

I bought my car at Harloff when it was Harloff...I heard from my SA that things are definitely not what they used to be now that they are BMW of Encinitas.

Thing is, BMW of SD sucks too...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep

---Brief update 3/18/2007 Part 1---
I failed to mention the "damage" are 2 poorly made holes for a license plate mount which was requested not to be placed on the front bumper. This is after a released was signed along with the request that nothing was to be altered to the bumper.

The holes made from sheet metal screws raised the front bumper making the surface uneven along with scratches made by the frame.

---Update 3/18/2007 2 ---
Since the writing of this letter. The dealership's GM and GSM have made contact and offered to repair the front bumper at their cost. Unfortunately, at this point I'm hesitant to use their services.

Last edited by derrick; 04-25-2007 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
alx4n
Rep
Drives: 325i

Encinitas BMW does suck, i asked them for service on my car and they turned me down. BMW of SD is where i go, and where i purchased my car. I've had no problems with them... yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
its
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i

sorry to hear about what happened. where would you go now for service then?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by its View Post
sorry to hear about what happened. where would you go now for service then?
BMW of San Diego is down the street, so I'll be going there out of convenience.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
rebirth24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
One of their reps was supposed to provide me a quote over 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything after contacting them repeatedly. This place is just bad news huh?? Looks like Cunningham is the only one to deal with in the area ...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

I know how you feel. My local BMW dealer was bought up by a corporation back in Dec. It's been all downhill ever since. Seems to be a trend right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
same as pacific bmw in glendale.. horrible service... will never get a car or refer someone there.. booooo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
rebirth24
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Does anyone have any email addresses for the higher ups over at this facility?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
Does anyone have any email addresses for the higher ups over at this facility?
I have them. If you're giving them a sale, it should be good service no? Good luck with that.

Regarding my situation, I've personally spoken to the GM and even BMW NA.

There was an offer made for repair but again, I declined under the circumstances that "THE REPAIR WILL ONLY BE MADE IF I RETRACT ALL STATEMENTS MADE".

I can't retract my experience. I can tell you of how it was alleviated. This is why I'm not letting them touch my car anymore. Even if Kevin Naderi (Encinitas BMW GM) has offered to repair it, his offer was conditional, and I do not appreciate that. It was suggested by Kevin that my statements above in the original post were "borderline extortion, and slander..." He then asked if "this was something you do often?" I asked him to please elaborate, there was no success.

Small problem, just went sour. Not the treatment i was expecting from a General Manager. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
arakele
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e30; e34; e90

definitely sounds like a bad situation..

I have heard nothing but bad things about one of the dealers in my area(we have 2, the other is 20 miles away), and I am trying them in a few weeks for my Tech-I inspection and an oil change.
      07-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
bimmer newbie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

When I was shopping, I stopped by Encinitas BMW. The CA didn't know the car at all. I felt like I was trying to sell HIM the car. They wouldn't budge from MSRP either. From the things I've heard about this dealership, I'm glad I didn't buy from them.
      07-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
QwaZyWabbiT
Cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335 PREM SPORT AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer newbie View Post
When I was shopping, I stopped by Encinitas BMW. The CA didn't know the car at all. I felt like I was trying to sell HIM the car. They wouldn't budge from MSRP either. From the things I've heard about this dealership, I'm glad I didn't buy from them.
All I have to say is OMG, are they that stupid!!????

You should walk in there, demand to speak to the GM, and pull this thread up on his computer. Let him decide for himself if he is a chump or not. Perhaps he will realize how he is killing his business.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #17
rebirth24
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Ive actually been working with a guy from Encinitas on my purchase. Ended up getting $1k off of the price and they met all of the Lease #'s I requested. Supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I have put in a few requests already. Ill let everyone know how things go.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #18
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Qwazy, this is a pretty old thread, I don't expect him to walk up to the dealer now...

So Derrick, what ever happened with this bro? Was there a resolution?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #19
liverbomb88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 Monaco

Question Any recent experiences with service?

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but just wondering if anyone has had recent service experiences with Encinitas BMW. They've had over a year now to get their act together, so have they? TIA.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #20
rebirth24
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverbomb88 View Post
Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but just wondering if anyone has had recent service experiences with Encinitas BMW. They've had over a year now to get their act together, so have they? TIA.
Bought a car from them a little over a year ago. Havent really had any issues so no reason to have to go in for anything (phew...). Did however get one of those "Buyback Super Deal" things in the mail so I think I might give them a call for $hits and giggles.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Luckily, their advertising of having only BMW loaner cars has led to BMW of SD to start upgrading their fleet of loaners. When I was in there the other day for an oil top off, I noticed fewer and fewer of the camries more BMW loaners. At least one good thing came from crappy BMW of Encinitas.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #22
kcnsd
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe

BMW of Encinitas employees and managers are scammers and liars

I purchased a CPO BMW 335i coupe on black friday, and when I sat down I asked the salesman if the car had bluetooth, as I forgot to look when I was test driving... I was too excited to even look. He said he thought so as he remembered seeing the bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. So before we sat down to negotiate, I ran down to look at the car and confirmed that it had the bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. It did... Sweet!

So after a little negotiating, I end up purchasing the car. I ended up waiting about almost 3 hrs to get to sign the paper work as they said they were busy with other "deals".

After all the paper work was completed my salesman, sat me down to go over all of the manuals and etc... He told me about how BMW assist worked and that it was about $18/mo, and was pretty much like onstar.

So I get in the car and start driving off... while driving, I attempted to setup the Bluetooth, but couldn't get it to work, so instead of fiddling and potentially getting in an accident, I pull over to grab the manual and pair my phone. The manual tells me to refer to another manual which I cannot find, so I head home, and try to look it up online but am unsuccessful.

The next day, I head back to Encinitas, and ask the salesman if he had another copy of the manual as I'd like to get it up and working. He couldn't find one but would help me himself. We get to my car, and he asks another salesman to help me set it up, as he was more knowledgable in the setup. So the guy sits in my passenger side and start to push some buttons. After 10 seconds, he tells me that I do not have bluetooth. WHAT! I'm like my salesman said that it did have it. Then he goes on about how the factory bluetooth is not that great, and alot of customers complain about the sound quality and that it sounds echoey. In my mind, I'm asking, DO YOU TELL THIS TO CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ABOUT TO BUY THE CAR WITH BLUETOOTH, OR TO CUSTOMERS WHO JUST BOUGHT ONE AND WAS MISINFORMED THAT IT DIDN'T HAVE ONE TO SAVE THEIR ASSES? He then tells me that a local high-end car shop (La Jolla Audio) can install a really good one for about $1500. I tell him that is ridiculous, and that I need this problem to be fixed. He tells me to speak with the sales manager.

I wait for about 5 mins and the sales manager comes over to me, very condesendingly, and asks what is going on? I mention that my car was supposed to have bluetooth, and that it did not. He says, no it doesn't and that it was not on the sticker. I then mention that my salesman told me otherwise, as it had the bluetooth buttons, and I reconfirmed that it had the buttons later on. He goes on to tell me that just because it has the button, does not mean that it has a bluetooth. Firstly, that makes no sense. Secondly, shouldn't the salesman know that and not mislead me otherwise? I tell that this needs to be resolved as it is a crucial feature for me. He says he will work with his parts manager to see what can be done and for me to call him in 2 days (monday).

I call him monday, and he says that they can offer me a visor bluetooth speakerphone. I buy a $36,000 car and you offer me a $50 bluetooth? I let him know that it wasn't going to cut it. He then tells me that the salesman did not tell me that it had bluetooth, and that I made an assumption. Yes, I assumed that the salesman would know about the car, and that they respected their customers.

BTW - this is my 3rd BMW in the past 4 yrs. I had an '02 BMW X5 4.4, and an '05 M3 before purchasing this car. I've serviced my cars at this dealership. I have friends who also own BMWs. I think a loyal customer deserves to be treated better than this.

He then says that we (himself, the salesman, and I), will talk via conference tomorrow morning to work things out and if things went as I stated them, that they would resolve this problem.

He does not call me that morning so I give him a ring after work, and he tells me that the salesman was off and he had a hard time getting in touch with him, but they worked out a solution. The parts manager could get me a similarly functioning bluetooth; ie it would lower the radio and play through the speakers, for $300, and they would split the cost. I ask him if it would show on the radio display (call id, phone numbers, etc), and he asked if I had Nav or Idrive, and I said no. Then he says that it wouldn't show on the radio anyways. I was shocked, because that doesn't really make sense. My M3 had Nav so it showed up on the big screen, but I didn't know that it wouldn't show on the slim radio display. So I say, if it wouldn't have it anyways, I guess its pretty much the same thing. So I didn't want to have to make a big stink about this situation, and ask him if he could get me more details about it, that it might work out. He says that he would call me tomorrow (weds).

So Weds, I spend all day researching bluetooth possibilites, and call various shops. I wanted to get as much info as possible before he called me so I could make an informed decision about this. So I call La Jolla Audio, the shop they recommended, and they had a good system for about $1000, but wanted me to come down to see if it would pair with my phone. There were a few other systems that other companies recommended for $300-$750, that would mute the radio and play through the stereo, but I was pretty bummed that the steering control wouldn't work and I would have no display. bimmernav.com has a kit for $755 but I need a few factory items added like the SOS button on the overhead console, and would have to have the car coded at the dealer and would need to change the fiber optic block behind the rear seat in order to add an audio device. So that is the best but most expensive option.

I end up leaving work early to check out La Jolla Audio. On the way, I decided to call BMW of SD and asked about the bluetooth, and the salesman tells me that the bluetooth will show on the radio, with info such as contacts, last calls, call id, etc... so that really P*ssed me off, since the Sales manager at Encinitas was lying to me intentionally to make me agree.

At La Jolla Audio, the salesman shows me the Cig blue system, but it would not pair with my phone. He actually has a E92 as well, and began talking to me about how amazing the bluetooth in that car is, how it is the best he's ever heard, and that his friends can't believe he's talking through the bluetooth on his car... So that again irritates me because the after letting me know that my car didn't have bluetooth, the salesguy, starts to tell me how horrible the system is anyways, and the shop he recommended that I go to, tells me how amazing the system is...

So now its principal to me to get this resolved. I will do whatever it takes to make them do me right. I cannot believe they would treat a loyal customer like this. I would see this from a shady private dealership, but not BMW.
Appreciate 0