E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Tischer getbmwparts.com refund suggestions

03-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Tischer getbmwparts.com refund suggestions

also I got my damn lip in yesterday from tischer and the color doesnt match...im so f'in pissed right now because i waited like 3 weeks to get this because they took so damn long and now the color doesnt match. just emailed them to maybe get the $170 refund back so i can get it painted locally...hope they do that because im so pissed right now. wtf ....im so pissed damnit.. any suggestions from people on here with experience with tischer?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
what color car?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
what color car?
space gray metallic.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
space gray metallic.
SGM is not space gray sir...it's sparkling graphite metallic. Looks like you made the mistake. SG is for space gray. Sorry about your luck, but it looks like Tischer didn't do anything wrong, unless you gave them the A52??? paint code and they gave you the wrong color.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

sorry to hear you had the bad experience OP. Maybe evan@tisher can chime in to get this resolved for ya.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
mithiral67
That guy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
space gray metallic.
Yea, that color is very hard to match, it changes color depending on the angle. Mine didn't match either and they took care of me. I would just follow up with them and find a local place.

But for your information, odds are they won't get it 100% right either. I have yet to see a SG car on here with aftermarket body mods that I cant spot them be off at certain angles.

Edit: How off are we talking, like a totally different color or a slightly different shade?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoupe View Post
SGM is not space gray sir...it's sparkling graphite metallic. Looks like you made the mistake. SG is for space gray. Sorry about your luck, but it looks like Tischer didn't do anything wrong, unless you gave them the A52??? paint code and they gave you the wrong color.
Uhhhh who said I put in there sgm?? I wrote them and said my car in space gray metallic...that's what it says under my hood. Also sparkling graphite is way darker...this was not sparkling graphite...it is space gray with a purple hue...its really weird.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yea, that color is very hard to match, it changes color depending on the angle. Mine didn't match either and they took care of me. I would just follow up with them and find a local place.

But for your information, odds are they won't get it 100% right either. I have yet to see a SG car on here with aftermarket body mods that I cant spot them be off at certain angles.

Edit: How off are we talking, like a totally different color or a slightly different shade?
Its raining and I can see the difference about 30 feet away...its not a really close at all in my opinion. In the sun it would probably be way off.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
mithiral67
That guy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
.it is space gray with a purple hue...its really weird.
I had the same thing, just work with them, they will take care of it. What month was you car build date?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I had the same thing, just work with them, they will take care of it. What month was you car build date?
Not sure...but I think march of 08
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

110% positive experience with Tischer. They'll make it right. I stake my reputation on it! OK, well, maybe that's not saying much, but I have faith in them!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I wouldn't complain about time being an issue....you have to take into consideration that 1) the part is unpainted. 2)if the part is in stock or not 3)the time it that's the shop (not tischer) to paint it. 4) transit time to tischer if the part was out of stock, to the paint booth, back to tischer, than to you.

Paint match is also not something that's not their fault.....did they have YOUR car there to match?

They will paint to oem color code....that's it.

You should research before posting a rant like this....

Just got a tie rod in from them...have always had good service/shipping time. Te tie rod got here in 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
getBMWparts
Rep
Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
also I got my damn lip in yesterday from tischer and the color doesnt match...im so f'in pissed right now because i waited like 3 weeks to get this because they took so damn long and now the color doesnt match. just emailed them to maybe get the $170 refund back so i can get it painted locally...hope they do that because im so pissed right now. wtf ....im so pissed damnit.. any suggestions from people on here with experience with tischer?
Not sure why you needed to post this here....but you received a reply to your e-mail to us this afternoon shortly after it was received here.

I've already e-mailed you a pre-paid UPS return shipping label and we will be issuing a full refund including the part, paint charge, and shipping/handling upon receipt of the return back here.

Honestly, we sell sell a lot of these - and they always match the cars on our lot perfectly. I'm not sure where your issue is, but we're willing to give you full credit for the return and cover return shipping.

Next time, please hold off on posting like this until you have given us ample time to reply with resolution.

Also, we note 7-10 business days on the site for shipping turnaround time on painted parts - yours took 11. I apologize for the extra days' delay.

If the paint color is truly a mismatch and the body shop is in error, we will obviously need to present the item to them so that we can, too, get our reimbursement for the charge.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you again for your business

Last edited by getBMWparts; 03-30-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
I wouldn't complain about time being an issue....you have to take into consideration that 1) the part is unpainted. 2)if the part is in stock or not 3)the time it that's the shop (not tischer) to paint it. 4) transit time to tischer if the part was out of stock, to the paint booth, back to tischer, than to you.

Paint match is also not something that's not their fault.....did they have YOUR car there to match?

They will paint to oem color code....that's it.

You should research before posting a rant like this....

Just got a tie rod in from them...have always had good service/shipping time. Te tie rod got here in 3 days.
Ok how about you get all your info straight before you start ranting also. Before I bought the part I asked how long will this item take to ship and also if the item was going to be spot on in color...give or take like 5%. I bought the part on 3/11 and I received the lip on 3/29...shipped on 3/28 (they are close to me). They told me the part should take between 7-10 days to receive and almost 3 weeks to get. The first time I emailed them I didnt even get a response which is unacceptable...I emailed them a second time and they answered that it takes time to paint the part which IS acceptable. After 2 weeks though they just kept telling me that it should be in any day but even before then I asked for a refund before they paint the part because I could just get it a few hundred dollars more but would get it before I get it from them. They said they cant because that the lip was in the process of getting painted but it took a week after they said no to get painted and shipped out. If the part is not in stock it takes like 2 days to get in and less than a couple hours to paint because it is already primed. I understand that the paint shop could be busy but shouldnt take like 2 weeks to paint a lip lol.

Then when I received the part the paint is way off...they told me that it should be spot on because they have done many of these, but it was no even close. Even the BMW mechanic looked at it and told me that the paint doesnt match and told him that I already know. Space gray does not have any kind of purple hue what so ever. I am just mad because not only did I have to wait but now the paint does not even match and I am over here having to wait some more...and now I have to waste even more time shipping to crap out.

I have received an email from them saying they will give me a full refund however thats not what I want...I just want $170 back so I can get it repainted here at a local shop. But they said they cant do that which I understand why they cant, but all this is a huge waste of my time. If I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle I should have just bought it from the dealer which would have costed me $600 for the piece. Obviously the company (tischer) is not really that bad on service after the purchase, but I hate wasting time and this is a huge waste of my time.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #15
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Not sure why you needed to post this here....but you received a reply to your e-mail to us this afternoon shortly after it was received here.

I've already e-mailed you a pre-paid UPS return shipping label and we will be issuing a full refund including the part, paint charge, and shipping/handling upon receipt of the return back here.

Honestly, we sell sell a lot of these - and they always match the cars on our lot perfectly. I'm not sure where your issue is, but we're willing to give you full credit for the return.

Next time, please hold off on posting like this until you have given us ample time to reply with resolution.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you again for your business
I have replied to the guy above you and I am not shooting your company down...I am just very frustrated with this lip piece because this is the 2nd time this has gone wrong. But with a company of your standings I figured everything would go smoothly. However now you are asking for the piece back when all I want is for it to get repainted here locally because they could probably match the color better since they would actually be able to see the color.

And to clear things up for people this is more out of frustration than really bashing any company out there. Tischer is handling the problem and besides the first email they have promptly answered all my emails. They are just not handling the problem the way I want . However this company is a reputable company and would still buy from them again and would still recommend. Prices are great and have every part to a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Long story short:

The lip was painted by a third party shop.
It didn't look right.
Tischer took full responsibility.
Tischer will reimburse you.
Tischer will pay for the item to be shipped back to them.
Tischer will attempt to get their money back from the body shop upon showing them the lip.

Sounds like really good service to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
Long story short:

It didn't look right.
Tischer will attempt to get their money back from the body shop upon showing them the lip.

yeah it really is...but thats still not what I want lol. I just want the damn lip and not the money lol. Im seriously not trying to ruin any reputation which I might have with this thread and I sincerely apologize. I just have been waiting too long for this lip to be right and its my second time trying to get it right and it has again failed. First lip was not from Tischer and not only was the color wrong but didnt even fit right.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #18
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
Long story short:

It didn't look right.

yeah it really is...but thats still not what I want lol. I just want the damn lip and not the money lol. Im seriously not trying to ruin any reputation which I might have with this thread and I sincerely apologize. I just have been waiting too long for this lip to be right and its my second time trying to get it right and it has again failed. First lip was not from Tischer and not only was the color wrong but didnt even fit right.
Oh no danger of that- I assure you Tischer's excellent reputation of great prices and world class customer service is pretty well cemented in the E90post community. Just a tip my brother, please try employing the 24 hour rule and even then contact folks through PMs to work it out before posting emotionally driven rants next time, take it from one who knows
If after that time they skunk you then by all means smoke em like the finest Jamaican green.
Good luck and hope everything works out for you
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Pictures or FTFO
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #20
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

BTW: tischer has great customer service. Been using them for over a year with zero issues.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
Pictures or FTFO
Fuck The Fuck Off? Am I close?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

This guy is completely unreasonable...I have NEVER seen a company issue a refund like Tischer is doing here. I have to give them props on that for sure. OP, stop acting like a spoiled little brat and either try again, find a different vendor, or STFU.
Appreciate 0