E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Can a basic BT Scan Tool be used on another BMW after it's been used before?

03-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
bmwstylexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Can a basic BT Scan Tool be used on another BMW after it's been used before?

Title pretty much says it all. I've found a BT scan tool for sale and as you may have seen in my previous thread - i may need to have one of these handy.

This one is the basic version cable, and from what i read on their website it can be used on one vin number. The guy says he used it a few times on his car that he has now sold and no longer needs the BT scan tool. Can it be used on my car since it was used on his?

I know with my SRT8 Jeep, my predator would work fine with another car - i just had to make sure it was unmarried to the Jeep before selling it. Wondering if this is the same? or if this tool is now useless since he had used it on his car previously. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwstylexx View Post
Title pretty much says it all. I've found a BT scan tool for sale and as you may have seen in my previous thread - i may need to have one of these handy.

This one is the basic version cable, and from what i read on their website it can be used on one vin number. The guy says he used it a few times on his car that he has now sold and no longer needs the BT scan tool. Can it be used on my car since it was used on his?

I know with my SRT8 Jeep, my predator would work fine with another car - i just had to make sure it was unmarried to the Jeep before selling it. Wondering if this is the same? or if this tool is now useless since he had used it on his car previously. Thanks
If it's the basic one then ther is only one VIN.
If it's the enthusiast cable then there are 2 VINs left.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
bmwstylexx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
If it's the basic one then ther is only one VIN.
If it's the enthusiast cable then there are 2 VINs left.
Thanks, That's what i need to know. He says he's not sure which cable it is but he said he purchased it with a JB3... and their website shows the basic cable is only sold with the Jb3...

so you just saved me $150 bucks. Thanks!
Appreciate 0