BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
SpaceG135i
WTF was that, Was it your car?
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i Space Grey Red Interi

Minus 1 on Evolution Raceworks

Hey Guys

Long Story Short. These guys are extremely nice and seemed very knowledgeable about parts and service, but when it came to my car, it had to get messed up. I was referred to Fred as my friend got his DP installed by him and did a great job so why not do the same with my car. I could only go on Saturday so that is when i went and it ended up being one of Fred's tech's. It took about 3 hours and $250. I was very impressed with it at first until 3 days later started hearing metal clanking together. Found out it was a bad install and called them again to get it fixed and they were more than willing to fix it which i was happy to hear. Bad part was i had to drive another hour over there to hear from the guy that installed it that the bolts aren't correct and that Active Autowerke did a bad job of making there downpipes. They tried everything to fix it, but when they tried, they ended up leaking boost as well so not only do i have metal clanking together, i now have boost leak. I am very unimpressed with what happened and i do understand 1 out of 1,000 is usually bad, but when people talk highly of you and you end up using them, i expect much higher results. Instead what i got was a waste of $250 and + another $250 to get it fixed by another aftermarket tuning company that had experience.

I would suggest using them if you want to install LSD or anything close to work like that, but anything else, im going to stay away.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
SpaceG135i
Rep

Anyone know any reliable bmw mechanics in Los Angeles?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

possibly a wastegate getting hung up on a v-band bolt? Hondagonerogue may chime in.
      03-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
SpaceG135i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
possibly a wastegate getting hung up on a v-band bolt? Hondagonerogue may chime in.
Thanks Random, Ya i am looking for the best answers to get rid of this minor problem
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
SpaceG135i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
Hey Random

Thanks i have been out here for a lil, Ya ER totally Effed up on my car and i had to get a place pro tech automotive to fix it and they definitely are much more knowledgeable and the guy is a total enthusiast.

1st thing the guy found wrong was the gaskets were burned and ER did not put my AA gaskets on which make no sense
2nd. The pipes were rubbing against each other which is horrible and Shawn from Pro tech automotive had to take it out and re install.
3rd. The panels under my car were not fully on.
4th. Worst thing yet was i had boost leak because of all this and Fred from ER won't return my calls nor my emails. Now i know why not many people go to them or buy there products.

I am so glad i found pro-tech automotive. The price to fix it was in my budget and not only that he fixed minor things i didn't even mention to him .
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Hi,

First off, I'd like to apologize to you for having a bad experience with us. This is not acceptable for us and I want to address it. We want all our customers to be happy.

I do remember you coming in that Saturday. Unfortunately, I was not available that day as you mentioned as I had to go support a customer at a race that day. We're normally not open on Saturdays but I had my tech come in to take care of you since it was your only day available.

Since I was not at the shop that day, I had to talk to my tech to see exactly what happened and to address your issues.

1) My tech said that he did put on the gaskets. He also mentioned that AA gave you an extra gasket. He showed you this that day before he put the gaskets on.
2) The pipes rubbing is horrible. That was why you came back. My tech said he did try to adjust the downpipes but the flanges to the mid pipes would not line up. There was only 1 way to put them on. He showed you this. Also, you mentioned something about the tech blaming AA for bolts not being correct. What he meant was that downpipe bracket did not line up with the bracket on the transmission. Again, he said he showed you this. If Pro Tech managed to reinstall them and fix the problem then I apologize. It wasn't that we did not try to fix the problem. We did. We just could not get the AA downpipes to fit better. We'd gladly refund you what we charged you.
3) I apologize for that.
4) I don't know how installing downpipes or fixing a downpipes install would cause a boost leak as the downpipes pertain to exhaust, not boost. Maybe you mean something else?

As for me not contacting you back, I never received any phone calls from you nor any e-mails after you came back. I don't think that's fair to blast me for this when you never contacted me. If you did call or e-mail, I would have responded. I responded and tried to fix the issue of your downpipes when you did call didn't I? Any of our customers would know that we do not leave our customers hanging like that.

We've installed plenty of downpipes from other brands without complaint but you are correct. It could be that we were inexperienced in installing the Active Autowerks downpipe and did not know how to adjust it so that it would fit without hitting each other. For that, it is our mistake and we'd own up to it. We'll even give you a refund on the work. We've been in business since 2004 and NEVER had anyone question our customer service. At the same, I feel it is not cool that you blast our products when it wasn't even our products we were installing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceG135i View Post
Hey Random

Thanks i have been out here for a lil, Ya ER totally Effed up on my car and i had to get a place pro tech automotive to fix it and they definitely are much more knowledgeable and the guy is a total enthusiast.

1st thing the guy found wrong was the gaskets were burned and ER did not put my AA gaskets on which make no sense
2nd. The pipes were rubbing against each other which is horrible and Shawn from Pro tech automotive had to take it out and re install.
3rd. The panels under my car were not fully on.
4th. Worst thing yet was i had boost leak because of all this and Fred from ER won't return my calls nor my emails. Now i know why not many people go to them or buy there products.

I am so glad i found pro-tech automotive. The price to fix it was in my budget and not only that he fixed minor things i didn't even mention to him .

Last edited by Evolution Racewerks; 04-13-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
I have never had service done by ER, but I know they make awesome products and there customer service is pretty awesome in my opinion. Sorry man that things didn't work out with your install of the downpipes, but don't bash Fred or ER over something that can get fixed. I like the fact that if your not satisfied by the work Fred/ER is willing to refund you in full.
      04-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #8
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Sorry to hear what happened with the OP. I've been in contact with Fred and he seems like a great guy and I always get a reply via email, top customer service if you ask me. I understand in the car business, everyone has different experiences with the same company. Some people will swear by one company and the next person has nothing but bad things to say. My experience with Fred has been really good, he knows his stuff and ER make great products. Two thumbs up from me.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
SpaceG135i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Racewerks View Post
Hi,

First off, I'd like to apologize to you for having a bad experience with us. This is not acceptable for us and I want to address it. We want all our customers to be happy.

I do remember you coming in that Saturday. Unfortunately, I was not available that day as you mentioned as I had to go support a customer at a race that day. We're normally not open on Saturdays but I had my tech come in to take care of you since it was your only day available.

Since I was not at the shop that day, I had to talk to my tech to see exactly what happened and to address your issues.

1) My tech said that he did put on the gaskets. He also mentioned that AA gave you an extra gasket. He showed you this that day before he put the gaskets on.
2) The pipes rubbing is horrible. That was why you came back. My tech said he did try to adjust the downpipes but the flanges to the mid pipes would not line up. There was only 1 way to put them on. He showed you this. Also, you mentioned something about the tech blaming AA for bolts not being correct. What he meant was that downpipe bracket did not line up with the bracket on the transmission. Again, he said he showed you this. If Pro Tech managed to reinstall them and fix the problem then I apologize. It wasn't that we did not try to fix the problem. We did. We just could not get the AA downpipes to fit better. We'd gladly refund you what we charged you.
3) I apologize for that.
4) I don't know how installing downpipes or fixing a downpipes install would cause a boost leak as the downpipes pertain to exhaust, not boost. Maybe you mean something else?

As for me not contacting you back, I never received any phone calls from you nor any e-mails after you came back. I don't think that's fair to blast me for this when you never contacted me. If you did call or e-mail, I would have responded. I responded and tried to fix the issue of your downpipes when you did call didn't I? Any of our customers would know that we do not leave our customers hanging like that.

We've installed plenty of downpipes from other brands without complaint but you are correct. It could be that we were inexperienced in installing the Active Autowerks downpipe and did not know how to adjust it so that it would fit without hitting each other. For that, it is our mistake and we'd own up to it. We'll even give you a refund on the work. We've been in business since 2004 and NEVER had anyone question our customer service. At the same, I feel it is not cool that you blast our products when it wasn't even our products we were installing.

First off Fred, I did contact you multiple times and did not get a reply back both via email and via phone. I understand your a busy guy, but the only way it seems that you wanted to get in contact with me was because of this post. Secondly i don't care about the refund, it's the fact that i came in the second time and your guy said he couldn't do anything to fix the problem he made with installing my DP. I expected much higher results from a higher class company like yours especially since i was referred by a good friend of mine.
Third. MY boost leak has happened ever since the installation of the DP and whatever your guy did, he has made my car a living nightmare.

The reason i left this Review was because you guys didnt get back to me and because you made me spend over $500 to put my car back to where its supposed to be. I appreciate the offer, but honestly i don;'t feel comfortable coming to you guys to have anything fixed. I do apoligize for bashing on your products, but i did expect quality service for what i paid for and i def didnt receive it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

I'm just trying to set things straight here so don't take it as I am trying to argue with you.

I understand you're angry because you feel that we did not respond back to you. I checked all our e-mails the past few weeks and also our answering machine and I do not see anything from you. Honestly, we would have addressed the issue like we tried to do the first time. You have my personal cell phone # and I did not get a call from you. I apologize if for some reason you weren't able to get a hold of me but it wasn't because we were avoiding you.

I apologize that we weren't able to address the issue. It was the opinion of my tech that the fitment on the downpipes you brought us were not good and that he could not fix it. However, it wasn't as if we did not try to get them to fit better. He tried. He felt he couldn't do anything to make it better. If someone else had managed to get the downpipes to fit, then it was a bad judgment call on us and we own up to it. However, it wasn't done without effort in trying to address it. I don't think it's fair for you to say we just left you hanging.

As for the boost leak, I don't see how our installation of downpipes would cause a boost leak. The work is not related. There is nothing on the downpipes that would cause a boost leak.

I feel that we tried to offer you quality of service. You had an issue with an install, we attempted to fix it. We came in on a day off on short notice to attempt to fix it. When we couldn't fix it, we explained to you why. You weren't happy with the work, I offered a refund. And yes, this post was the first ever I ever knew of you being unhappy with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceG135i View Post
First off Fred, I did contact you multiple times and did not get a reply back both via email and via phone. I understand your a busy guy, but the only way it seems that you wanted to get in contact with me was because of this post. Secondly i don't care about the refund, it's the fact that i came in the second time and your guy said he couldn't do anything to fix the problem he made with installing my DP. I expected much higher results from a higher class company like yours especially since i was referred by a good friend of mine.
Third. MY boost leak has happened ever since the installation of the DP and whatever your guy did, he has made my car a living nightmare.

The reason i left this Review was because you guys didnt get back to me and because you made me spend over $500 to put my car back to where its supposed to be. I appreciate the offer, but honestly i don;'t feel comfortable coming to you guys to have anything fixed. I do apoligize for bashing on your products, but i did expect quality service for what i paid for and i def didnt receive it.
Appreciate 0