E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Jb4 Problem?

03-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe

Jb4 Problem?

Well I was coming home tonight from the local walmart on the highway. No one was on the highway so I decide to hit it hard to see how it does. Dropped it to 3rd gear and floored it. Since I had the JB4 in I have my gas gauge as the boost guage. Well while accelerating I noticed the guage was bouncing around a lot, going up and down up and down, shift lights come on and I shit to 4th, smooth shift and then hit it, notice the rpms are going up and then saw the boost guage was still bouncing a lot still. Then I felt a thud as if the clutched slipped. Thats when I called it and slowed down and shift into 6th. I then turned the map back to 0 and drove back to my house. When I got in the neighborhood I put it back into map 1, started moving and shifted to 2nd and gunned it. Boost guage went to 16 and no problems or anything of it bouncing around. So I got home opened up the hood and checked out the BOV that I just installed wondering if I was leaking any boost. Saw nothing from eye sight plan on doing a more thorough look tomorrow in daylight, but when I was examining it, I heard an odd ticking noise coming from the engine. Like a really loud one that I havn't heard before.

Any ideas? I havn't updated the JB4 and actually plan on doing so tomorrow if I can find the program. Think that would resolve it?

Thanks for reading
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Did you get any codes?

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe

No codes, but I'm still wondering why the boost guage would be jumping around that badly.
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0