E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Happy, but sad

03-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
n1lul
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 335xi

Happy, but sad

Happy day- my COBB AP and Afe DCI showed up on my doorstep this morning

Sad Day- The recipient of the above parts, my 09 335xi is at the dealer while they figure out if I need a new HPFP and injectors.

The only things that makes this ok, is that I am getting new rear brakes and the sensor that will hopefully stop the low speed squeal, and If they give me new HPFP (my second) and injectors, hopefully I'll be good to go.

Ray
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

congrats
that sucks
congrats
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
gboop
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

congrats
congrats
congrats

I wish they would replace the remainder of injectors and HPFP before I install COBB. But no, my 2007 does not qualify for the recall.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
Brooklyn e70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gboop View Post
congrats
congrats
congrats

I wish they would replace the remainder of injectors and HPFP before I install COBB. But no, my 2007 does not qualify for the recall.
how come they wont? Im going in for my recalls next tuesday hpfp , injectors , and programming. Im at 59k and just bought car a month ago. I called my local BMW and they told me to come in. Im already schedule and also just my luck my car took a dump today either pump or injector are wack out. SES on and it says reduce speed.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
gboop
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn E90 View Post
how come they wont? Im going in for my recalls next tuesday hpfp , injectors , and programming. Im at 59k and just bought car a month ago. I called my local BMW and they told me to come in. Im already schedule and also just my luck my car took a dump today either pump or injector are wack out. SES on and it says reduce speed.
Either they do it in phases, or you have to be persistent. I was told twice by one dealer that my car is not flagged in the system for the recall. I even contacted BMW and they told me the same thing a month ago.

I went to another dealer today for routine maintenance and asked again about the HPFP. They said that it was flagged! I got no recall letters though. HPFP and maybe remaining injectors (three were already done under warranty) are being replaced as I type.

Just FYI for others with same problem. Be patient and persistent. It may pay off.
Appreciate 0