E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > N55 Tune from Terry@BMS (Please Read)

03-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

N55 Tune from Terry@BMS (Please Read)

Had one of my customers stop by to pick up his order and he asked what I had on my car. We started talking about tunes and I told him I was currently waiting for a response from one of the vendors that I will not disclose his name. He told me that I could not get any better customer service than Terry. So I decided to give them a try.

I am shocked at the level of customer service I received from Terry. Every email responded within minutes. I was working late last Sunday and decided to write him and to my surprise my email was responded within minutes, wrote back and another email replied and it went like that for a while. Payed today and within minutes a tracking number! In this industry, when good service is rendered, it should be recognized.

This service made me disregard the other option for the N55. I bought the JB3 for my car and it should be here in a few days. I`ll make a complete product review in this thread.

Props to BMS.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosz View Post
Had one of my customers stop by to pick up his order and he asked what I had on my car. We started talking about tunes and I told him I was currently waiting for a response from one of the vendors that I will not disclose his name. He told me that I could not get any better customer service than Terry. So I decided to give them a try.

I am shocked at the level of customer service I received from Terry. Every email responded within minutes. I was working late last Sunday and decided to write him and to my surprise my email was responded within minutes, wrote back and another email replied and it went like that for a while. Payed today and within minutes a tracking number! In this industry, when good service is rendered, it should be recognized.

This service made me disregard the other option for the N55. I bought the JB3 for my car and it should be here in a few days. I`ll make a complete product review in this thread.

Props to BMS.
I don't have the JB tune for my n55 so I cannot make any statements on that, but I have dealt with Terry for my CAN tool, and he was just as responsive to me and I had excellent customer service - even with my stupid questions. So... in my book, great customer service (which is seldom seen today) means a ton!
      03-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

What medium did you contact the other vendor? Cause PMing is not the right answer.

At any rate, the basis of any tune for your vehicle should be how it performs.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 03-22-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
What medium did you contact the other vendor? Cause PMing is not the right answer.
Email, PM, Text Message and Phone calls. Waiting for an answer since January.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
At any rate, the basis of any tune for your vehicle should be how it performs.
Let's give them a change. Once I install it I`ll draw my own conclusions.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Proper Motion LLC
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Congrats on the tune, Terry's customer service is second to none!
      03-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
e90TiAg335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 e90 335i

Garage List
2010 e90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysandro View Post
Congrats on the tune, Terry's customer service is second to none!
Agreed! Someone always has to try to turn ANYTHING like this into some sort of conflict!!! It's EXTREMELY old by the way! Just give credit where credit is due.

JB4, DP, VMR V710, Sonic Tuning S1 coilovers, Hybrid Ovations, Soundsplinter 10" and Zapco DC Ref amps
Appreciate 0