E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > WTB: 2007-08 335i E92 w/ Coral Red Int + Nav + Sport Pkg + Perf Pkg

03-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
WTB: 2007-08 335i E92 w/ Coral Red Int + Nav + Sport Pkg + Perf Pkg

I am located in SoCal and have been looking for a car for quite a few months now. Its been really hard to find a car with the options that I need on the car! I thought I found a car last week but it was sold two days before I was supposed to get it Anyways, if anyone can help me out and knows any cars available with these options I would love if you could contact me through here or email at rooring.husky@gmail.com

Looking for:

2007-08 BMW 335i Coupe (E92) with at least these options:
-6 Speed Manual
-Coral Red Interior
-Sports Package
-Premium Package
-Navigation

I've been wanting AW on this combo for a long time, BUT as everyone here knows its hard to find with the super picky options I want. So, I'm open to most exterior colors right now but prefer Alpine White, Black Sapphire Metallic, Space Grey and Titanium Silver.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Snow King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

I had a similar requirement when I was looking for a car. I wanted a E93 with red coral interior and fully loaded with low miles with warranty including nav, sport, premium, and cold weather. After months of looking locally, I ended up expanding my search nationwide and finally found a car I liked in Texas!

Most listing are also on cars.com and ebay these days so I ended up creating a saved search with all my criteria and I would get an email update when new cars came on the market with my specs, if you're lucky you'll find one locally. I ended up buying my car sight unseen and it runs great so far. But you have to do your homework to make sure you're getting a quality car. I ended up buying from a reputable dealer and also got a pre-purchase inspection from an another nearby dealer with no conflict of interest. Also reviewed all the service records and spoke to the SA who did some of the maintenance. Also got some details about the previous owner, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchaniar View Post
I had a similar requirement when I was looking for a car. I wanted a E93 with red coral interior and fully loaded with low miles with warranty including nav, sport, premium, and cold weather. After months of looking locally, I ended up expanding my search nationwide and finally found a car I liked in Texas!

Most listing are also on cars.com and ebay these days so I ended up creating a saved search with all my criteria and I would get an email update when new cars came on the market with my specs, if you're lucky you'll find one locally. I ended up buying my car sight unseen and it runs great so far. But you have to do your homework to make sure you're getting a quality car. I ended up buying from a reputable dealer and also got a pre-purchase inspection from an another nearby dealer with no conflict of interest. Also reviewed all the service records and spoke to the SA who did some of the maintenance. Also got some details about the previous owner, etc.
Hey thanks for the reply..It def sounds like we both share the same great taste! My search has already been open nationwide..I am willing to fly anywhere on the East coast or drive anywhere if its on the West coast to pick the car up..

As long as its within warranty, I shouldn't have to worry about the engine much, but if the car is out of warranty I going to have to do a pre purchase inspection. Just had a quick question for you, how did you contact the SA who took care of the car? Did you just call the dealer and ask them based on the VIN or did you know his name from the paperwork? Lastly, is there any problems calling the dealers and asking them which recalls have been performed on a VIN without being the owner of the car? Appreciate the help on checking out the car before buying it! Thanks!

BUMP!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
Toker335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i/Sold--10" GTR

Good luck,

Just got my Titanium Silver with coral red all the other options you listed, yeah it was hard to find

08' 335i 6MT - Sold
92' NA 300ZX 5speed - Sold
06 IS350 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Snow King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
Hey thanks for the reply..It def sounds like we both share the same great taste! My search has already been open nationwide..I am willing to fly anywhere on the East coast or drive anywhere if its on the West coast to pick the car up..

As long as its within warranty, I shouldn't have to worry about the engine much, but if the car is out of warranty I going to have to do a pre purchase inspection. Just had a quick question for you, how did you contact the SA who took care of the car? Did you just call the dealer and ask them based on the VIN or did you know his name from the paperwork? Lastly, is there any problems calling the dealers and asking them which recalls have been performed on a VIN without being the owner of the car? Appreciate the help on checking out the car before buying it! Thanks!

BUMP!
The main reason that I got a PPI is because I purchased the car unseen. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any bodywork done, sellers pictures and condition of car was accurate, confirmed factory and any aftermarket options or mods, verify leather condition, confirm tire treads, etc. But honestly even if I did test drive the car myself I probably would have gotten the PPI anyway. Unfortunately cars are not all made equally nor are they driven equally so you want to make sure it is mechanically and structurally sound. Yes, the warranty will cover you till 4/50k miles, but the last thing you want is a problem car after that period, which will come very soon for a used car.

When I was serious about the car, I had the dealership fax me a copy of all the service records, there was one guy that had done primarily all the servicing and I just looked up the dealership site and got the email address from their contacts page. Sent email asking him a few questions with details and picture of the car (remembered rare TiAG/Coral combo) and gladly answered my questions.

Through the PPI, I found out that the e93 also had the alarm installed post factory (car came pre-wired) and wind deflector was also included in the trunk - both options that I would have gotten anyway. That was an extra $1000 in features that wasn't advertised (or known to be extras) by the selling dealership. So it turned out to be even a BETTER deal that I thought. I think $300 is a fair quality insurance price to pay for a $30000+ investment.

I believe BMW NA can answer any questions regarding what recalls are open or have been completed.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
Cali335
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

what is your budget
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali335 View Post
what is your budget
Depends on the options on the car, existing warranty, miles and exterior color...but 26K-29K private party

BTW thanks for the help hchaniar really helping me look at a few cars out of state..found one in Denver but the guy doesnt have his registration up to date..
Appreciate 0