E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Just Ordered JB3 for N55...Some Questions

03-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Just Ordered JB3 for N55...Some Questions

Just ordered it like a minute ago with the CAN tool...so stoked.

Now, what are the chances of my warranty being void with the JB3? No matter why I go to the dealership, I should always take it out? Also before I go to the dealership, is the proper procedure to check for codes, then if there are any, just delete those. Then uninstall the JB3, then check for codes again, and if there aren't any, I'm set?

Since I have little to no experience under an engine bay, I'm going to Matt@Camber-Toe to have it installed, then hopefully from him, I'll understand on how to uninstall/install the JB3 by myself.

What USB should I get to update the firmware?

Also..a big one, for the JB3, I read something about how you can only change maps when the JB3 is connected to the computer. I was kinda confused about this. I thought you only need to put the car in AUX mode, then press on the pedal to switch maps. Which way is it?

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Anything can void your warranty. But yes always take it out. And there is no reason why you couldn't install this yourself. Its literally a 20 minute job.

You have to order the usb from terrys site.

There are only two maps for the n55. Stock and map one.
      03-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
Just ordered it like a minute ago with the CAN tool...so stoked.

Now, what are the chances of my warranty being void with the JB3? No matter why I go to the dealership, I should always take it out? Also before I go to the dealership, is the proper procedure to check for codes, then if there are any, just delete those. Then uninstall the JB3, then check for codes again, and if there aren't any, I'm set?

Since I have little to no experience under an engine bay, I'm going to Matt@Camber-Toe to have it installed, then hopefully from him, I'll understand on how to uninstall/install the JB3 by myself.

What USB should I get to update the firmware?

Also..a big one, for the JB3, I read something about how you can only change maps when the JB3 is connected to the computer. I was kinda confused about this. I thought you only need to put the car in AUX mode, then press on the pedal to switch maps. Which way is it?

Any help is appreciated.
Right now the JB3 ships with two maps (map1/map0) and comes default on map1. You need to use the JB3 software and USB to change maps.

Install is VERY easy as there is no need to access the ECU and its 4 plug and play sensors you tap. Its a 15min and probably 5-10min job once you do it once. You will spend more time looking for the sensors then installing

Can't wait to hear your feedback and congrats on the purchase!

Mike
Appreciate 0