E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Beware of dtmrack!

03-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
Bpower
Banned
Rep
Drives: E-90

***Please Delete***

****Please Delete!!!****

Last edited by Bpower; 03-21-2011 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Please delete
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Let me get this straight,,, you received wheels which you ordered from another distributer, the wheels had a few nicks in them (don't see where powder coat was grinded off), you complained, you shipped the wheels back, then you asked that the manufacturer take pictures of the replacement wheels before they ship them to you???, new wheels ship, you receive tracking number, and without any indication of how long it took them to ship your new wheels you complain it's taking to long and post this frick'n thread?

Unless I am missing something it sounds to me like the manufacturer has been more then reasonable in responding to your issues. They took the wheels back and shipped you replacements for pete's sake.

For the record, other than a scratch on one wheel my wheels arrived in perfect condition. Alufelgen agreed and promptly exchanged the damaged wheel and paid for all shipping costs. I received great customer service from Alufelgen after the sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

I will be getting my SF71's in about a week. If the center cap area is not fully powder coated, I'm not stressing it. Its most likely a fitment issue to not powdercoat that area. The mark on the one wheel is a bummer, but it looks like you could rub that one out. I highly doubt that any company would give you pics of the specifics you are asking for unless you were ordering a custom set of wheels. Hopefully your new set arrives to your liking, but the "grinding" you are complaining about is an area you wont even see 99.9% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Hmmm... Was looking into a set of CS7s as well. Subscribed to see the outcome.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

I can understand the concern but this is a little bit extreme to say the least... good luck with it. I thought I was picky.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I'm with the OP on this one. Those wheels look like they've been mounted - I'm guessing they (probably the distributor) tried to pawn off a set of used wheels on him. Perhaps they were just showroom wheels or something like that, but with that chip and the oxidation around the center caps, they don't look factory fresh to me at all...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
This is a tough one but....
OP does have a little bit of a bitch here. When you buy something "new" you expect a new product.

However, having said that.... I think making them take pics and jump thru a few hoops isnt exactly what I would call realistic.

At least they aren't sticking you with the items and are standing behind their mistake.

I think the title of the thread is extreme, but that is just me.

Good luck getting it resolved.
This is the first I have heard anything negative about Alufelgen in quite some time, if ever.
      03-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

I'd be friggin pissed off too. Don't know about dragging their name all over a forum but that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpower View Post
First off, if you opened your eyes and looked, the centercap area WAS powdercoated then it was grinded off. If you had any slight Idea of the oxidation process you would know that the micro cracks have been created by scraping the finish raw. Contaminants Will get under the finish and Will start peeling it off from the center. Alufelgen advertises fully anodized/powdercoated wheels another words "treated" (thats what i payed for) . If you look there is no so called treatment of the alloy after it was machined/grinded (about an inch and a half into the center cap hole, not to mention chipped/uneven finish that you indeed can see while the center cap is installed. If you like it that way, by all means, but Its unacceptable for me.

I have expalined what happened above so I am not going to type it again . One thing I will say that I called over 20 times and heard nothing but excuses. out of those calls I only got one or two calls back (with more excuses and no solutions). When I tried to engage Alufelgen, they simply refused to talk to me. I gave plenty of time and put a ton of effort into resolving this issue.
I do not discount what you are saying regarding the finish in the center cap hole, but I cannot see it in the pictures you posted, which is NOT to suggest that the finish is not worn.

Let's say for argument sake you are right, the finish is worn off. Before pouncing all over Alufelgen, who did you buy the wheels from and what did the vendor tell you when you called about the issue?

Last edited by cssnms; 03-11-2011 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Ok, I thought I should jump on here before this escalates any further. When we shipped the CS7 wheels to Bpower, he was unhappy with the set. Both Alufelgen and DTMrack are NOT satisfied if the customer is not satisfied with the product. Naturally we told him that we would grant him a refund or a replacement set. He chose a replacement set. We sent him shipping labels so that he could send the wheels back. The wheels were sent back and new wheels were sent his way. The pictures posted are of the FIRST set of wheels we sent him which have already been sent back and have already been replaced.

Now, aside from being the manufacturer, Alufelgen has no involvement in this matter, except for providing us, the distributor, a no questions asked replacement set for having given us a defective set as well as a credit to our account for the shipping labels.

There is really nothing left to do but wait to see if he approves of the new set.

All the best,

DTMrack
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
psubmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Well said, DTMRack. I commend you for your effort. It sounds like you're taking good care of the customer.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
Now, aside from being the manufacturer, Alufelgen has no involvement in this matter, except for providing us, the distributor, a no questions asked replacement set for having given us a defective set as well as a credit to our account for the shipping labels.

There is really nothing left to do but wait to see if he approves of the new set.

DTMrack

Exactly what I thought happened, way to stand up DTMrack. There's always three sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

The OP comes on here and unfairly posts this BIG ALUFELGEN BUYER BEWARE thread with those rediculous blown up pictures, dragging Alufelgen's name through the mud simply because he is in a hissy he has to wait a few more days for replacement wheels AND despite the fact the distributor/manufacturer agreed to exchange them and they are in route. HEY NICE WORK OP! "I spent hours on the phone..." Oh woa is me...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, I thought I should jump on here before this escalates any further. When we shipped the CS7 wheels to Bpower, he was unhappy with the set. Both Alufelgen and DTMrack are NOT satisfied if the customer is not satisfied with the product. Naturally we told him that we would grant him a refund or a replacement set. He chose a replacement set. We sent him shipping labels so that he could send the wheels back. The wheels were sent back and new wheels were sent his way. The pictures posted are of the FIRST set of wheels we sent him which have already been sent back and have already been replaced.

All the best,

DTMrack

Whats your take on the condition of the set that was originally sent out? Do the wheels ship directly from the manufacturer to the end user or do you guys intercept the shipment and send them out yourself?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
i will not "Beware of ALUFELGEN!" based on your thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Talk about your worst nightmare customer.. you are nuts dude.
      03-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #16
SeanS54
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:

Now, aside from being the manufacturer, Alufelgen has no involvement in this matter...
DTMrack

this is true.. being in Sales, you deal with the people you bought it from not with the original manufacturer... there are proper channels and you allow the distributor to deal with the manufacturer..

nice work DTMrack!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #17
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep

So are you dealing exclusively with DTMrack or are you dealing with Alufelgen? Seems like you should never even have to deal with Alufelgen for something like this. The dealer you bought your wheels from should be handling everything as far as returns and replacements go.

Also, when you ship something via FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc, you get a tracking number immediately, but its not in the system for a few days. You said your tracking number didnt work for the first few days and now it works...thats how it always is.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpower View Post
Hahaha very funny there fella. Maybe money comes easy to you and you have a lot of time on your hand but unfortunately that is not the case for me. I serve in the US Military and have to go to wars to make a living. I want to spend my money on a quality product. Now, if you don't care about quality nor dealing with "stand up" companies that don't dodge you and actually return your phone calls and don't make you feel like you are fighting a "war" then its on you.

This forum is meant for sharing experiences in regards to the vehicles we own and this is my experience in purchasing CS-7's.
First I would like to say that I appreciate your service to our country. Secondly and with all due respect, your thread is for crap as are your hair-brained attacks on Alufelgen. Like I said, I bought these wheels as have many others on here and I can personally attest to the fact that they are VERY GOOD quality and equal to or better then some wheels costing 3x as much.

Now if you want to come here and express your frustration over a vendor's customer service or that you were upset because you received a defective/damaged product then so be it, but don't be such a low-brow by dragging a manufacturer through the mud and disparaging the quality of their product over an anomaly. I can tell you unequivocally that Alufelgen wheels are a top quality product and by far the best bang for your $ out there. What a PIA you are.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #19
Tonylin335
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Just want to say if you pay for X amount of dollars, you should get same quality for that price. If company agree the wheel is bad, should fix the issue quick as possible. If I bought any kind of wheels, I wouldn't want to wait for it either. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
sLik
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

shouldve just taken the refund and took your business elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #21
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

which order was placed on Feb 17? The first original order, or the 2nd replacement order?

If it was the first original order, then it took less than one month to receive the original wheels, get shipping labels to return them, ship them back, and get a 2nd order placed and shipped out to you. That isn't that bad actually. Though it does sound like you were given the run-around, which isn't good.

If it was your 2nd order that was placed on 2/17, then yes the time passed is starting to get unreasonable. But I've seen replacements take much much longer to fulfill, so I'd consider yourself lucky.

And to be fair to Alufelgen, it sounds like they really had nothing to do with this sale, and your beef is with the distributor. Your thread title is very misleading, and should probably be changed.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #22
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

The problem with this thread is the OP jumped the gun. You didnt receive the new wheels yet, but that doesnt matter cause they are on the way.

If a customer buys a product and there is a problem you by all means can contact the dealer you bought them from and have the problem rectified.

If it wasnt rectified, then make a thread. If everyone made a thread about a bad experience with all the products they purchased including myself, there would be a sh*t load of threads.

The differences is, if the problem is in the process of being resolved, or is resolved, there should be no fuss about it.

Why make a thread about a bad experience that was resolved or in the process of being resolved?

Your still putting ALUfelgen wheels on your car arent you? They should come in pristine condition this time around shouldnt they?

You jumped the gun dude, thats my beef.

Atleast give people a chance to remedy the situation.

I understand both perspectives as Ive been a customer and dealer at the same time.

World isnt perfect.
Appreciate 0