E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Moaning Brake Pads

03-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
dnadeau13
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 335i Sedan

Moaning Brake Pads

I recently purchased a 2007 335i sedan automatic and few weeks ago I brought it to the dealer for service. One of the things that needed to be done was replace the brake pads, as they were squeaking. So, the squeaking went away, but ever since then after driving for at least 20 minutes or so, if I apply slight pressure to the brakes while reversing I get a loud drawn-out moaning sound from the rear brakes. I took it back to the dealer to have this and some other things looked at last week. When my service rep called to tell me it was ready she said the brakes where fine and they didn't have to do anything with them. On the service invoice it had "deglazing" under the brake section.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this sound? I haven't tried "bedding" the new pads with repeated hard braking yet. I wanted to get some input before trying it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0