E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowering my car in 2 weeks, but dont know what set up to get..HELP ME!!

03-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 650i GC M-sport

Lowering my car in 2 weeks, but dont know what set up to get..HELP ME!!

ive been searching and doing my homework all winter for a suspension drop. I own an '07 e90 335i RWD. Now i just missed out on a great deal of pss9's for $1300 I am a daily driver that lives in Massachusetts (shitty roads, winter salt/snow) and my main goal is to drop my car pretty low. I dont want any fender gap between my tires and fender. i currently have the stock 162's (love them!) and i have 20mm spacers in the rear and 12mm in the front. im just missing the drop!

My main goal is to get a low look (NO fender/wheel gap) while still maintaining a more comfortable ride. I hear great reviews about KW v2 and Bilstein PSS9, but i dont have the $1800 to spend. I want something with adjustable dampening and i cant get that with coilovers w/o spending the money. Does anyone know of good set of coilovers with out dampening? i know KW makes street comfort but i dont know of any reviews or if they are too soft ya know. The only reason i would get coils is to get the drop i want really. My car is NEVER going to see the track!

So now im looking at spring/shock setup. No matter what im going koni yellows for shocks, however the only set of springs that i know that have lowest drops are H&R race, tein s-tech, RD sport (wich are made by H&R i hear), and eibach sportlines. People complain about how H&Rs are bouncy and ride crappy but a lot of people are riding on stock shocks and dont know what theyre talking about. i guess shocks make all the difference.

So basically does anyone have any good reviews on "slammed" spring setups and shocks as far as ride goes. Or deos anyone know of good coils for around $1000? What would be better for me?? Remember, i wont be tracking, im just going for looks and comfort. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Eibach Prostreet S Coilovers.

I just installed these in my car, and they are amazing. Very smooth, yet firm and very responsive in the corners.

Im also slammed, with a flush fitment, but it rides very nice and doesn't bounce or Jar you if you hit a bump.

I have them in stock if you want a set, drop me a PM
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
koifish420
Private
Rep
Drives: monaco e90

I missed out on that deal too. SpeedTech coilovers made by KW are about a $1000
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by koifish420 View Post
True, but they're galvanized and the OP lives in the Northeast where salt on roads can dish out a beating on them. That's one of the main reasons I'm not going that route.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
koifish420
Private
Rep
Drives: monaco e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWsky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by koifish420 View Post
True, but they're galvanized and the OP lives in the Northeast where salt on roads can dish out a beating on them. That's one of the main reasons I'm not going that route.
Ahh i see. Good luck with your search OP!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

So let me ask this, if a coilover has dampening does it necessarily mean you can get a better ride rather than a coilover that's non-adjustable dampening? For example the kw v1 as to the v2's? I am starting to lean towards the eibach coils now that you mention it. But I feel like I would want dampening adjustment, Koni yellow shocks even have dampening adjustments. If I do coilovers I would like a streetable coilover system.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrider1818 View Post
So let me ask this, if a coilover has dampening does it necessarily mean you can get a better ride rather than a coilover that's non-adjustable dampening? For example the kw v1 as to the v2's? I am starting to lean towards the eibach coils now that you mention it. But I feel like I would want dampening adjustment, Koni yellow shocks even have dampening adjustments. If I do coilovers I would like a streetable coilover system.
The Eibach is made for street and auto X use, not a real track setup. its very comfortable even without the Damping adjustments. Also its made from Stainless
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

you say your running these on your car right now, how long have you had them for. and what are the roads like in your area. have you ever driven on a road with a lot of patched pot holes or beat up maybe uneven roads?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #9
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Ive had them in for 3 days, and live in Los Angeles area. So in short, our roads are crap.

I am also an avid canyon runner, and have already done Mulholland, Piuma, Box Canyon and Decker Canyon on them. (google these roads if you don't know of them already)

also ive clocked 5-600 miles of highway on them already. (118, 405, 5, 10, 210, and 101 freeways)

Ive also had many suspension setups prior to these, along with installing countless other setups in clients cars
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Dam you've actually drove your car through some of those dirt/sandy roads!? Have you done any canyon runs with this set up. Some of those roads look like a lot of fun. What other set ups have you ran on your car. Have you ever done a spring and shock? I see the company you work for also specializes in lowered stretch tire look, are you sitting hellaflush?
Appreciate 0