E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Radio resets to FM when car is started?

09-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #1
kuaffa
Rep
Drives: 330i

Radio resets to FM when car is started?

I recently noticed that my radio switches from Sirius to FM each time the car is turned on. Anyone else experiencing this? Could someone please do the following experiment:

1) Switch the car off
2) Insert the key but do not start the engine yet
3) Set the radio to SIRIUS
4) Now start the engine

My radio changes from SIRIUS to FM on its own. I do not have navigation. No other settings, such as radio presets or climate control settings, are affected.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuaffa
I recently noticed that my radio switches from Sirius to FM each time the car is turned on. Anyone else experiencing this? Could someone please do the following experiment:

1) Switch the car off
2) Insert the key but do not start the engine yet
3) Set the radio to SIRIUS
4) Now start the engine

My radio changes from SIRIUS to FM on its own. I do not have navigation. No other settings, such as radio presets or climate control settings, are affected.

Thanks!
Our car definitely does not do this. It stays on the last source selected before shut down. Note that we DO have iDrive/Nav though.