E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > where to install performance steering wheel other than dealership(rip-off) in Van/Vic

03-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

where to install performance steering wheel other than dealership(rip-off) in Van/Vic

Hi guys,

I am about to purchase a performance steering wheel 2 (non-led) and wondering where can I get it installed. I am not taking it to any dealerships as they will simply rob me with their asking price.

Is there a shop or something that anyone can recommend in the victoria/vancouver area?

thanks in advance,

PY
      03-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
kyo21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Technical

Well, right now BrianJessel Autohaus has a face book promotion that gets you a % discounts on service/installation. You can check my thread for details:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453167

I am not suppose do pricing or commercializing on other threads....ssshhhh
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

You've got a $70,000 car ...get it done properly.How much can you possibly save by going to some indy? Youre asking for trouble..........
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Noxious_
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90

Do it yourself man. Theres a DIY for the M-tech steering wheel and it is exactly the same for doing the perf steering wheel. I did it myself with a friend and it wasnt bad at all. Just remember to disconnect your battery first. The hardest part of the install is finding the small dimples in the back of your steering wheel to get the airbag out. Other than that it is a breeze. I did it in an hour or two. If i did it again it would take me ten minutes.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Noxious_
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90

Just in case...

Here is the perf steering wheel with one dimple circled. There is another one on the same side. This is the exact same setup as your stock wheel. To release the airback (make sure the battery is disconnected first!) stick a thin flathead into these dimples and push the metal clip inside towards the middle of the wheel where the airbag is. This will release the airbag and expose the inner workings of the steering wheel. Everything else afterwards is a breeze.

Heres a link to the DIY:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11825

Heres a useful link if you are having trouble with the clips:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156283

Feel free to PM me if you need to. DIY is the way id go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxious_ View Post
Do it yourself man. Theres a DIY for the M-tech steering wheel and it is exactly the same for doing the perf steering wheel. I did it myself with a friend and it wasnt bad at all. Just remember to disconnect your battery first. The hardest part of the install is finding the small dimples in the back of your steering wheel to get the airbag out. Other than that it is a breeze. I did it in an hour or two. If i did it again it would take me ten minutes.
+1

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0