E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > uneven coilovers

02-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
e90332255
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

uneven coilovers

prolly a noob question but got some bc coilovers fitted on my e90 325i by a shop and i lowered the rear to the maximum drop, but after i did that and got a wheel alighnment ive noticed that the drivers side rear sits a lil lower than the passenger side. And it confuses me cos both sides are on the very lowest setting. Not my much but enough to make me think maybe they fitted then incorrectly on one side or something.

Anyways was curious to see if anyone knows that maybe coilovers dont give you an exact drop all the way around maybe theres lots of coilovers or cars rather on the market like this..

I dunno someone help me out here. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Got Euro ?
Here Comes The Boom
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Best thing to do is have the car corner weighted , or measure EXACTLY... Strange that your drivers side would be lower tho considering by default manufact always has the drivers side a little higher then pass side.
      02-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90332255 View Post
prolly a noob question but got some bc coilovers fitted on my e90 325i by a shop and i lowered the rear to the maximum drop, but after i did that and got a wheel alighnment ive noticed that the drivers side rear sits a lil lower than the passenger side. And it confuses me cos both sides are on the very lowest setting. Not my much but enough to make me think maybe they fitted then incorrectly on one side or something.

Anyways was curious to see if anyone knows that maybe coilovers dont give you an exact drop all the way around maybe theres lots of coilovers or cars rather on the market like this..

I dunno someone help me out here. lol
make sure you are on perfectly level ground, the ground will affect your measurements, park it in a few different spots and measure, and you will see what i mean
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

It is virtually impossible for cars to measure exactly the same left to right... even when totally stock. Since you have coilovers, just raise the side that's a bit lower than the other side.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #5
e90332255
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Hmm fair enough I just thought that because I can visually tell theres a difference it's not right. And I would raise the drivers side but I'm on the lowest perch and still not happy with the height. So I dunno I don't wanna go up! Anyways thanks for ure input I'm getting it checked on Wednesday just to make sure. I might have to live with it.
Appreciate 0