E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > RSD Stainless Steel Brake Lines installed!

02-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

RSD Stainless Steel Brake Lines installed!

Honestly guys, this has got to be the best bang for your buck mod out there. It’s cheap, powerful, and instantly effective.

I was browsing the vendor classifieds section and I came across the RSD Stainless Steel Brake Lines.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486625

I never thought about upgrading anything in my brakes except getting a BBK later on and then I came across the advertisement for the brake lines. For that price, I thought ‘why not?’ and I called Bavarian Exclusive immediately and set up an appointment to have the RSD SS Brake Lines installed. They included BMW Brake Fluid along with the install. I was upset that I didn’t get to finish watching Talladega Nights in their waiting room because they finished the install so quickly!

Now, I’ll move onto the review of the product. I drive a 135i and for a little car it comes with some decently sized brakes with a lot of stopping power. Although they are awesome brakes, at times I found them to be a little spongy in feeling. I also did not like it when it had brake fade after a hard run in the canyons. After having them installed, the braking felt VERY linear and way more solid. As you press against brake pedal, the feeling is the same as your foot follows through. BMW’s 6-piston brakes paired with these RSD Stainless Steel Brake Lines seem like an ultimate combo in stopping power.

Thanks again to BavarianExclusive! and thanks for looking guys! I appreciate any feedback!
Appreciate 0