E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dinan e90 xi springs?

02-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #1
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Dinan e90 xi springs?

I checked Dinan's website this morning, looking for 330xi springs. They don't list any xi springs on the main e90 suspension page, but they do list xi springs in their .pdf price guide. The price list says they are manufactured by Koni, but the Koni website doesn't list them.

I'd really like to buy Dinan springs, to keep the suspension warrantied. Seems H&R are still the only xi option.

Think the dealership would install just springs, without the full suspension kit, when Dinan comes out with their product? I know the shock life will decrease.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
Evan@Creative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I checked Dinan's website this morning, looking for 330xi springs. They don't list any xi springs on the main e90 suspension page, but they do list xi springs in their .pdf price guide. The price list says they are manufactured by Koni, but the Koni website doesn't list them.

I'd really like to buy Dinan springs, to keep the suspension warrantied. Seems H&R are still the only xi option.

Think the dealership would install just springs, without the full suspension kit, when Dinan comes out with their product? I know the shock life will decrease.
I have a feeling that they wont install just the springs because since Dinan is warrantied they wont wanna replace shocks that wear out more quickly. They will make you buy the whole kit I'm guessing. I would just get the H&R. They can only void a warranty if the can prove that the springs caused damage to the car. So you would have to pay for the replacement of the shocks when they go out. PM me for pricing on the H&R springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Getagrip
Get a grip. Get Xdrive.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
2003 330xi  [0.00]
I had Dinan Stage 1 (four springs and only the rear Koni shocks) on my E46. The springs are Eibach. I would assume the same for the E90 kit.

I bought my H&R sport springs from Creative
Their prices were great and they didn't gouge me on the 2nd Day air shipping like other places.
      03-07-2007, 03:48 AM   #4
SamBoler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2DR

There is no warranty from the dealer for buying Dinan

Get H&R from Creative and save your money for other mods