E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > For all you guys that have been running the Eibach Pro Kit Springs on OE Shocks...

02-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

For all you guys that have been running the Eibach Pro Kit Springs on OE Shocks...

How many miles have you been running the Eibach's on the stock shocks? Any problems?

How is the ride quality compared to stock? Is it bouncy at all or it is compliant? How about taking dips on the highway?

Buying these springs and I am trying to decide if I need to buy Koni FSD's too or just run the springs with stock (non sport pack) shocks.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
KLin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Monaco Blue 335i

I have the same dilemma. My cousin tells me that once I slap on some lowering springs, my shocks will start deteriorating because of the lower volume inside and, thus, higher pressure.

I'd like to get some springs first. Then later down the road I'll save up for some coilovers. But I don't know how long the stock shocks will last with the eibachs.
      02-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCarManiac View Post
I have the same dilemma. My cousin tells me that once I slap on some lowering springs, my shocks will start deteriorating because of the lower volume inside and, thus, higher pressure.

I'd like to get some springs first. Then later down the road I'll save up for some coilovers. But I don't know how long the stock shocks will last with the eibachs.
You might as well save up and do it right the first time. Whether its doing springs/shocks or doing coilovers. If you do springs now, then shocks or coilovers later, you're paying for twice the labor. If you do them yourself, then you save some money on labor, but you're doing the same "project" twice.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCarManiac View Post

I have read the same thing, but I believe there are many members on here that are running the Eibach Pro's with their stock suspension with good results, which is why I posed the question.

The Eibach's do not drop the car a lot, so it would lead me to believe that the stock shocks will fare better then say if they were paired with H&R's. The bigger question IMO is; are the stock shocks up to the task of managing the spring rate of the Eibach's (rebounding/damping) or will they just bounce all over the place when going over any kind of bump, esp dips in the road while traveling at a high rate of speed. The last thing I want is either my shocks bottoming out or the front/rear of my car bouncing up and down.

Hopefully a few of the guys that were part of that lengthy 2009 Eibach spring thread will chime in here. If they have a good 2 yrs/20k/30kmi under their belt I would think we will get a pretty good idea of the failure rate of the OEM shocks when paired with the Eibach Pro Kit springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
just buy the old performance dampers they are $150, it will not cost any more for install.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #6
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
just buy the old performance dampers they are $150, it will not cost any more for install.
I have e90 LCI, the old performance dampers are for pre LCI cars (not sure what the differences are) or if anyone has put these dampers on an LCI.

Also, I don't know that the OE performance dampers which are not designed for lowering springs either would not potentially suffer from the same shortened life span as the base OE shocks. Certainly I would think the dampening/rebounding would be improved.

Where are all you Eibach Pro spring guys??? Or girls, it doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
HoustonTXE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92

Buy shocks!! I ran this setup for less than 3k miles before I gave up and bought shocks. The ride (at least in Houston) was overly bumpy.
I'm now running the Koni Yellows with the Eibachs and I couldn't be happier!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTXE92 View Post
Buy shocks!! I ran this setup for less than 3k miles before I gave up and bought shocks. The ride (at least in Houston) was overly bumpy.
I appreciate the response! Yea that's the direction I am leaning, except my intent was to go with FSD's.

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
KLin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I was considering Koni Yellows over FSDs also. What settings are you running on the Yellows and how's the ride?
      02-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
HoustonTXE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLin View Post
Quote:
I was considering Koni Yellows over FSDs also. What settings are you running on the Yellows and how's the ride?

I'm running at 1 full turn (middle) from full soft on both the front and rears. I wanted a stiffer ride.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #11
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well, instead of FSD's I bought the BMW Performance dampers from TIscher to pair with Eibach Pro Kit springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
KLin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Well, instead of FSD's I bought the BMW Performance dampers from TIscher to pair with Eibach Pro Kit springs.
Nice, let me know how you like them.
      08-31-2011, 01:05 AM   #13
rayguy24
the mod bug is crawling in my brain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 tiag aka "luna"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
How many miles have you been running the Eibach's on the stock shocks? Any problems?

How is the ride quality compared to stock? Is it bouncy at all or it is compliant? How about taking dips on the highway?

Buying these springs and I am trying to decide if I need to buy Koni FSD's too or just run the springs with stock (non sport pack) shocks.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I have the same question. What route did you end up taking? How was the result?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #14
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayguy24 View Post
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I have the same question. What route did you end up taking? How was the result?
Went with the Eibach Pro Kit springs and the old BMW Performance dampers that Tischer had on close-out (price was to good). Installed when my car had 4k mi, now I have 11k mi. The ride is fanstastic and very zsp stock-like. The set-up is very composed over most all road surfaces and I experience less body roll and squating then when I was running the stock non-zsp set-up.

Considering the old performance dampers are no longer available, the Eibach Pro Kit springs should pair nicely with stock zsp dampers, considering the spring rates between the stock zsp springs and the Eibach's are almost spot on.
Appreciate 0